The much-anticipated H2OBX Waterpark opened Thursday, June 22nd, in the Outer Banks (OBX) welcoming guests to one of the most innovatively designed and uniquely located waterparks in the world. Designed with classic coastal architecture at the forefront, ADG developed the unique waterpark design to reflect the feel of the Outer Banks, offering resort-style comfort along with traditional family fun. The newest waterpark in North Carolina, it sprawls across 20-plus acres near the Wright Memorial Bridge, the northern gateway to the Outer Banks coastal region. The convenient location allows 70% of the inbound and outbound Outer Banks tourism traffic a window view of the expansive waterpark, including slide towers and pools.
The $46 million H2OBX sets a new benchmark in Carolina coastal tourism attractions and will be experienced by hundreds of thousands of families who vacation in the Tide Water and Outer Banks regions. ADG, as the lead developer on the project, and working with the renowned Weber Group, carefully designed and themed H2OBX to embrace the culture of the Outer Banks in a relaxed and scenic environment. Vacationers, families and waterpark enthusiasts will be immersed in the rich history of coastal Carolina as H2OBX pays tribute to legendary pirates, boat building and the Wright brothers, while enjoying modern amenities and exhilarating new attractions.
H2OBX delivers enhanced popular attractions as well as several first-to-market slides and experiences, all delivering varying degrees of thrills, lengths, drops, turns and intensity suitable for guests of all ages. Many of the attractions at H2OBX offer cutting-edge innovation including several of ADG’s own innovative water ride attractions. Twin Tides Wave Pool delivers an ocean-simulated current, tide and waves that guests love, but unlike traditional wave pools, it features “dual beachfront” entrance points on opposite ends. Deep Six Adventure Lagoon is a revolutionary adventure attraction, featuring climb, crawl and balance soft mat obstacles and swim zones. Additional attractions include multiple slide complexes, river rides and Calico Jack’s Cove, an immersive, multi-level, pirate-themed, play structure, offering waterslides and interactive water effects. Several fusion waterslides, boast special effects including aqua-lucent lighting to increase the thrill factor. In keeping with the resort feel, ADG carefully designed H2OBX’s park layout to include numerous places to relax and spend the day enjoying the atmosphere. 50 private cabanas offer first-class amenities and luxury guest service in a private oasis setting. Shaded seating areas, and multiple food and beverage outlets deliver variety and quality, from snacks to gourmet.
“H2OBX will certainly be showcased by the World Waterpark Association in a class of its own. We take great pride in having the opportunity to deliver the most progressive and exciting water park attraction to open on the Outer Banks”, said Brian Czarnecki, Vice President of Sales and Marketing for H2OBX. “We are thrilled to be welcoming our first guests and honored to show off this incredible park.”
H2OBX developers Ken Ellis, Arthur Berry III, Tim Gantz and Jeff Malarney each bring substantial experience in their respective fields; waterpark development, planning, operations and market tourism. Ken Ellis, president and CEO of Aquatic Development Group (ADG) is also co-owner with Arthur Berry III of Camelback Resort, home to Aquatopia indoor waterpark and Camelbeach outdoor waterpark. Tim Gantz is the former owner and operator of America’s Largest Outdoor Waterpark, Noah’s Ark, and Jeff Malarney, former Navy JAGC, has been intimately involved in the North Carolina vacation rental industry, recently serving two terms on the North Carolina Real Estate Commission, and a local Outer Banks resident and practicing attorney. ADG served as the lead designer and builder of H2OBX. Drawing on decades of experience, ADG’s team designed the park to include exceptional first-to-market and hybrid attractions with attention to detail and distinctive features that guests of all ages and interests will enjoy. WhiteWater West was the lead waterslide supplier and installer on the project, and the renowned Weber Group designed the expertly themed buildings and structures.
“This has been an extraordinary project because of my own personal involvement and vested interest in H2OBX,” said Ellis, “I’m extremely proud of the talented and diligent team at ADG and the work put forth by so many others who have created such a unique waterpark. H2OBX is incredibly innovative because we had the full force of the industry’s best people behind it.”
• Twin Tides Family Wave Beach – The only dual beach entry wave pool on the East Coast – only at H2OBX
• Deep Six Adventure Lagoon – The OBX challenge is on at this one-of-a-kind spot for endless aquatic fun
• Teach’s Tides Adventure River – Kick back and enjoy more than 1,000 feet of resort-style relaxation
• FlowRider® – Catch the best surf in the Carolinas on the innovative Flowrider
• Rogue Wave – Face the Atlantic’s, biggest, baddest Rogue wave in your raft vessel, and live to tell the tale
• Queen Anne’s Revenge – Take the ride of your life on the most legendary ship of them all
• Wild Horse Run – Approaching real-life Outer Banks mustangs isn’t wise or allowed. Instead, get the feel of the experience at H2OBX on this twisting and turning waterslide
• Storm Chaser – Brave a fearsome Carolina squall at H2OBX
• RipTide – Warning! The red flags are out for this Zero-G Slide
• The Plank – Excitement, nerves and suspense as you walk the pirate ship’s plank before taking the plunge
• Paradise Plunge – Go all in on the Outer Banks with this 9-story free-fall slide
• Midnight Marauder – This seven-story slide brings a daring coastal exploit to life
• Dune Runner – Step into a thrilling Outer Banks story as you brave the Dune Runner
• Private Cabanas
• Multiple Food & Beverage outlets
Aug 22, 2018 0
Jun 01, 2018 0The number of visits to Expo 2023 Argentina Buenos Aires is...
Apr 04, 2018 0Projected opening for the new aquarium is 2019. The annual...
Mar 02, 2018 0"I brought a creative spirit that connected people, and an...
Feb 14, 2018 0In April 2018, the Dubai Entertainment, Amusement and...