Atlantic City Weekly reports on this week’s meeting of the Casino Reinvestment Development Authority (CRDA) and major improvements being implemented to the town’s famous sites, including the Boardwalk. A plan by developers to return diving horses to the Steel Pier was dropped last week after public protest.
“The Board approved a $6.1 million loan for the Steel Pier project. Steel Pier’s owners plan to renovate and expand the historic attraction over three years to include new rides, midway and food court, add a restaurant/nightclub and turn it into a non-casino attraction that will be open nearly year-round.
“In addition, the Board voted to take initial steps to advance five new projects related to the Tourism District Master Plan which was approved earlier this month.
“The projects include:
• A project to transform Michigan Avenue and Pacific Avenue into active, pedestrian oriented streets with restaurants, bars, bistros and nightclubs.
• The Inlet Beach Park Project, which would build on existing attractions such as Revel and Absecon Lighthouse and transform the Inlet district into a mixed-used area with open park spaces and education, research, retail and entertainment spaces.
• The Atlantic Avenue Façade Project, which aims to create a “Main Street” environment along Atlantic Avenue through renovation of storefronts, improved signage and graphics, traffic control improvements, and repurposing of upper level space for residential use, among other initiatives.
• The Flex Fields project to create sport-oriented turf fields and landscaped sculpture gardens where no activity currently exists on the beach blocks from Dr. Martin Luther King Boulevard to North Carolina Avenue. This project would also provide activities such as sport tournaments throughout the year.
• The Boardwalk Innovation Pavilion concept, which would place corporate-sponsored, glass pavilions at specific locations along the Boardwalk to create additional interest.”
READ THE FULL ARTICLE HERE
Aug 22, 2018 0
Jun 01, 2018 0The number of visits to Expo 2023 Argentina Buenos Aires is...
Apr 04, 2018 0Projected opening for the new aquarium is 2019. The annual...
Mar 02, 2018 0"I brought a creative spirit that connected people, and an...
Feb 14, 2018 0In April 2018, the Dubai Entertainment, Amusement and...