Dayton, OH, USA — On Friday, May 3, City of Dayton Mayor Gary Leitzell, David Webb and Jennifer Granger of the Dayton Funk Dynasty Group with legendary Funk Artist Thomas Shelby of the Dayton (Fantastic Voyage) group Lakeside made the official announcement that Dayton, Ohio will be the permanent home of the Funk Hall of Fame and Museum
They also released details of the future Funk Entertainment Epicenter that will be only in Dayton, Ohio. The Funk Hall of Fame Museumis Phase 1 of the project. Other developments in include:
• The Grooveline Restaurant (A funk infused and inspired restaurant)
• Funky Walk of Stars (A beautification project in downtown Dayton which will pay tribute to Funk Artists and any significant contributors to Funk Music)
• The Legends of Funk Tour (A world class tour of legendary Funk Bands all in one show)
• Dayton Fly Records ( A record label developing and producing the new funk)
• School of Music and Performing Arts (With emphasis on Funk Music with Funk Artists as mentors and instructors)
• On the One – The Funk Chronicles (A music magazine)
• An annual Funk Awards Ceremony (A red carpet event)
• A Funk Music documentary will be filmed throughout the process with in depth interviews from the legendary Funk Artists and contributors of Funk Music
Mayor Leitzell said Dayton, Ohio will literally be “The Funkiest Place on Earth”!
Thomas Shelby presented the first official artifact from the Lakeside and encouraged other Funk Artists and Bands from around the world to join him.
The Funk Hall of Fame and Museum is a non-profit organization dedicated to preserving the history of Funk Music.
Comments Off on JRA designs new children’s museum in Wisconsin
Comments Off on Smithsonian to add Women’s History Museum
Comments Off on National Museum of the American Latino to be built on National Mall as part of Smithsonian Institution
Comments Off on St Louis Holocaust Museum planning $18 million campus
Feb 26, 2021 Comments Off on Loveland Laser Tag implements Semnox’s Klaimprize self-service redemption kiosks
Feb 26, 2021 Comments Off on Christie laser projectors take flight at Branson’s Beyond the Lens!
Feb 26, 2021 Comments Off on Space Center Houston to honor Apollo program during Spring Break
Feb 26, 2021 Comments Off on Jason Surrell joins Storyland Studios as Executive Creative Director
Feb 16, 2021 Comments Off on Eleventh Hour seeks Technical Proposal Writer/Manager for entertainment company clientThe position is ideal for a technical proposal writer who...
Feb 16, 2021 Comments Off on Little Canada seeks Visual Arts SpecialistLittle Canada is a highly detailed and animated journey...
Feb 15, 2021 Comments Off on Scenario seeks LA-based safety managerThe main office/shop located in San Fernando with various...
Feb 10, 2021 Comments Off on Steelman Partners and Gensler designing 75 hectare resort near Angkor WatThe initial phase is expected to be completed by 2025 at an...
Feb 03, 2021 Comments Off on Walt Disney Imagineering seeks Business Planning and Operations ExecutiveThe Director will lead financial planning and tracking and...