A phased reopening of a reimagined Disneyland Resort will begin on July 9, 2020.
- July 9 — Downtown Disney District
- July 23 — Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa and Disney’s Paradise Pier Hotel
Pending state and local government approvals:
- July 17 — Disneyland Park and Disney California Adventure Park
The Disneyland Resort recognizes that the COVID-19 situation is constantly evolving, which is why its reopening approach is deliberately fluid and phased, and there are many factors that are helping it determine the timing of when various aspects of its business will reopen in a responsible way. In addition to following existing state and local guidelines, which continue to evolve, Disneyland Resort currently is working with its unions to responsibly and thoughtfully implement new health and safety measures for Cast Members. These enhanced health and safety measures include:
- Enhanced Protective Measures: Disneyland Resort will require mandatory face coverings for both Cast Members and Guests, with the addition of hand-washing stations and physical barriers, where appropriate.
- Physical Distancing: Disneyland Resort will reduce theme park capacity to enable physical distancing and add appropriate signs to help Guests move responsibly throughout the property.
- Temperature Checks: All Guests will undergo temperature screenings prior to entering the Downtown Disney District or the theme parks; in addition, health screenings and temperature checks will be required daily for Cast Members.
- Limited-Contact Enhancements: Disneyland Resort is recommending cashless transactions and will reduce Cast Member and Guest interactions with helpful technology, including the expansion of Mobile Order in the Disneyland app, Apple Pay and more.
- Enhanced Cleaning and Sanitation: Disneyland Resort will build upon our existing standards of cleaning with heightened protocols.
While it may be a bit different from the last time you visited, Disneyland Resort has come up with new ways to create magical moments together—and memories to treasure forever.
Pending state and local government approvals, Disneyland Park and Disney California Adventure Park will begin a phased reopening on July 17, 2020.
The Disneyland Resort will reopen with some important updates to promote physical distancing, including:
- Park Reservations: Because theme park capacity will be significantly limited to comply with governmental requirements and promote physical distancing, Disneyland Resort will manage attendance through a new theme park reservation system that will require all Guests, including Annual Passholders, to obtain a reservation for park entry in advance. Theme park reservations will be subject to availability. More details about this new reservation system will be available soon.
- New Ticket Sales: At this time, Disneyland Resort is also temporarily pausing new ticket sales and Annual Passport sales and renewals. Additional details will be provided soon.
- Hotels of the Disneyland Resort: Pending governmental approval, Disneyland Resort Hotel Guests will once again enjoy being immersed in the magic when Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa and Disney’s Paradise Pier Hotel, and Disney Vacation Club Villas at Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa reopen to Guests and members starting on July 23, 2020. The Disneyland Hotel will open at a later date. Plans to support physical distancing as well as increased cleaning measures, along with a number of other health and safety protocols, will be implemented as part of the phased reopening of Disneyland Resort’s hotels and the Disney Vacation Club.
Upon reopening, certain theme parks, hotels, restaurants and other locations may be limited in capacity and subject to restricted availability or even closure based on guidance from health experts and government officials. Furthermore, certain attractions, experiences, services and amenities will be modified, have limited availability or remain closed. Park admission and offerings are not guaranteed. Disneyland Resort will provide more information as it becomes available. Disneyland Resort reserves the right to cancel any reservations, admission media or purchases and provide applicable refunds. Please also see policies regarding cancellations by Guests.
Additionally, select attractions and certain experiences that draw large group gatherings—such as parades and nighttime spectaculars—will return at a later date. While character meet-and-greets will be temporarily unavailable, Characters will be in the parks in new ways to entertain and delight Disneyland Resort Guests. The Disneyland Resort will also have capacity measures in place, as well as limitations on parking and operating hours.
Additional measures and procedures will be announced closer to the opening date.