The Wildwoods, NJ, USA — Morey’s Piers, located on the boardwalk in the Wildwoods, NJ, is embarking on a new artistic journey this summer with the introduction of artBOX, a 10,000 square foot interactive artists’ colony crafted from 11 re-purposed shipping containers featuring five local artist studios, a café serving fresh sushi, a museum shop, and live musical entertainment.
A cultivated departure from the traditional seaside amusement park offering, artBOX has “curated” a selection of handpicked local and regional artists to bring texture to the visitor pier experience from showcasing paintings and handmade crafts to live demonstrations that include surf art, glass blowing, artisanal jewelry and speed painting. Guests will enjoy live, nightly musical performances starting late June through August.
“My brother Will and I are always searching for new entertainment ideas,” said Jack Morey, second generation partner of Morey’s Piers and leader of the artBOX visionary team. “artBOX is quirky, nostalgic, cutting edge, and a true celebration of the visual and musical arts at the Jersey Shore…just the thing that belongs on the Wildwoods Boardwalk.”
As part of the opening celebrations, 11 year-old artist and child prodigy Autumn de Forest will visit artBOX and Morey’s Piers on July 2nd to unveil a tribute painting created to honor the rebuilding efforts after Hurricane Sandy. Coinciding with Autumn’s exhibition at Ocean Galleries in Stone Harbor, NJ, this charity painting will be auctioned off with 100% of the proceeds going to the Hurricane Sandy NJ Relief Fund. A giant replica of the commemorative piece of art will be unveiled on the outside of artBOX’s only vertical shipping container standing 40 feet tall on July 2, 2013 at 2:00pm.
The summer line-up of featured visual and musical artists includes:
• Ed Peahota, a professional speed painter from Sewell, New Jersey with more than 30 years of experience as a pictorial billboard artist. His speed painting demonstrations have drawn thousands of spectators around the country and on YouTube.
• Hong Peahota, a Vietnam-born artist who creates a unique line of beautifully hand-painted glassware and jewelry.
• David Macomber mixes traditional pop and modern street art with his long relationship with the ocean creating his own artistic style known as “Urban Nautical.” Unlike conventional “surf art” where artists draw the perfect wave or tropical destination, Macomber tells the story of the sea that allows people to remember their experiences with the waves and weather.
• Pete Bieling Sr., a local artist from Burlington, New Jersey who specializes in painting traditional seascapes.
• Pete Bieling Jr., also from Burlington, New Jersey will showcase his glass blowing and sculpting techniques with stylishly crafted glass art pieces.
• School of Rock’s performance program will bring featured bands of regional young musicians playing a variety of music genres.
Located on Adventure Pier at Spencer Avenue and the Boardwalk, the shipping container colony also features the Exit Zero Museum Shop and Tokyo 4B [the ART of Sushi], a café serving a variety of fresh sushi. Menu items include Seared Ahi Tuna, California Rolls, Spicy Tuna Rolls, and specialties such as the Ocean Roll featuring spicy crab meat topped with lobster. Serving as Director of artBOX is Jack Wright, publisher of Exit Zero Publishing. As owner and operator of the Exit Zero Museum Shop, Wright has curated quirky amusement artifacts, nostalgic memorabilia and an eclectic array of retail merchandise.
artBOX is open to the public daily from 4:00pm to midnight. For more information on Morey’s Piers, visit www.moreyspiers.com.
Comments Off on Mellon Foundation announces $250 million grant effort to redefine way public monuments tell country’s history
Comments Off on Andy Mulvihill authors memoir of wild adventures at family’s amusement park, the legendary Action Park
Comments Off on Moreys’ Piers to reopen July 2
Comments Off on American Resort Management selected to represent Atlantic City’s Showboat hotel in development of new waterpark
Jan 28, 2021 Comments Off on State of closure: California’s COVID-19 policies and the impact on tourism
Jan 27, 2021 Comments Off on AVIXA announces return of AV Experience Awards
Jan 27, 2021 Comments Off on San Diego Zoo and San Diego Zoo Safari Park leap back into action January 30
Jan 27, 2021 Comments Off on Holocaust & Humanity Center to Add New Exhibit at Union Terminal, Cincinnati
Dec 29, 2020 Comments Off on Cedar Fair seeks Corporate Director, CommunicationsThe position will lead strategy development and execution...
Dec 28, 2020 Comments Off on Pursuit seeks Financial Analyst, FP&AThis role will focus on all aspects of financial planning...
Dec 26, 2020 Comments Off on AOA seeks Show Set DesignerThere will be a great deal of freedom, which will be...
Dec 09, 2020 Comments Off on Visualization firm THE THIRD FLOOR has openings for a variety of positionsTHE THIRD FLOOR is currently seeking Postvis Generalists,...
Dec 09, 2020 Comments Off on CineVenture seeks 3D character animatorCineVenture develops high-end content for the global...