Istanbul, Turkey — The Hilton Dalaman Sarigerme Resort & Spa, Turkey has chosen Polin as its partner in expanding its waterpark. The property first enlisted Polin’s help with the original installation of its aquatic attractions two years ago. Since then, Polin’s waterslides and water play attractions have been so popular among guests that Hilton management decided to add additional waterslides this year.
The Hilton Dalaman is an acclaimed facility, both among Hilton properties as well as among resorts on an international level. Specifically, last year, the Hilton Hotels & Resorts brand conducted a customer-satisfaction survey. The survey’s respondents chose the Hilton Dalaman Sarigerme as tops in two categories: “Europe’s Best Food and Beverage Hotel” and “Europe’s Excellence in Service.” In addition, the facility was chosen as one of the 100 best hotels in the world by Russian guests in 2011.
The property also has received awards as Turkey’s “Leading Beach Resort” by the World Travel Awards in 2010 and 2011, as Europe’s “Leading Wedding Honeymoon and Wedding Resort” in 2011 and as recipient of TripAdvisor’s “Certificate of Excellence” in 2010 and 2011.
Among guests to the area, the property is especially popular among English-speaking visitors who recommend it highly to anyone visiting the region.
The Hilton property isn’t the only local attraction receiving awards, though. So, too, has the nearby Iztuzu Beach. It is only the second beach in the world to receive awards for the preservation of natural habitat. Such preservation is critical to maintain an area in which the endangered loggerhead turtle, known locally as the Caretta Caretta turtle, feels safe enough to lay their eggs.
A natural wonder, Iztuzu Beach has fresh water on one end and the Mediterranean on the other with smooth and velvety golden sand. This location makes it unlike any other beach in the world-and perfect for as a loggerhead habitat. The Hilton Dalaman Sarigerme Resort & Spa aids in protecting the ecosystem by taking precautions to abide by all laws and regulations put in place for protecting the Caretta Caretta sea turtles and their eggs.
The image of paradise is also reinforced by the stunning mountain, river and Mediterranean Sea views guests of the resort enjoy, plus its appealing extracurricular activities. Visitors can stroll along Sarigerme’s main streets, browse Turkish boutiques and markets, indulge in Dalyan’s natural mud springs, marvel at underwater attractions, stroll through 5,000-year-old monuments and even satisfy adventurous inclinations with paragliding-a local specialty sport.
Guests needn’t stray from the property’s grounds to entertain themselves, however. In the initial installation of water-play features, two adult slides and two kid-sized slides kept guests entertained with exciting onsite thrills.
These four original offerings were:
- Body Slide. Riders experience a variety of speeds as they maneuver through drops andstraight-aways on this ride.
- Multi Slide.
This interactive slide gives guests the joy of head-to-head competition as they speed down the lanes in an attempt to beat one another to the bottom.
- Freefall. Guests experienced adrenalin-soaring drops in this ride that combines maximum excitement, safety and entertainment.
- Kid-Sized Freefall.This attraction mimics the excitement of the adult version on a kid-friendly level.
- Kid-Sized Wide Slide.Kids experience a mini rush as they ride this version developed originally for adults only.
In the expansion of the Hilton Dalaman Sarigerme Resort & Spa, Polin has added these additional attractions:
- Black Hole with Natural Light Effects.Thisenclosed tube slide is Polin’s most-popular ride. Guests experience unique, dramatic special effects as they travel at high speeds through the slides’ twists and turns.
- Wave Slide.Thishigh-speed ride delivers a breathtaking experience guests won’t soon forget.
- Rabbit Slide.A kid-friendly slide, this cute attraction is often a child’s first ride experience.
- Clown Shower.Water sprays from this friendly fellow’s nose and boxing gloves for a fun family experience.
- Giraffe Shower.A new water feature from Polin, this creative attraction will appeal to both the very young and the young-at-heart.
- Mushroom Shower.This appealing feature is the centerpiece of many facilities’ children’s areas with its variety of options in both sizes and color choices.
One of the features of Polin’s slides that make them particularly appealing for high-end resorts such as the Hilton Dalaman Sarigerme is the sophisticated look of its products. Polin’s waterslides are all manufactured using RTM, also known as resin-transfer molding. This technique allows the products to be physically and aesthetically superior, which Polin refers to as Magic Shine. That shiny, smooth exterior and many other advantages of this latest technology gives them a quality that appeals to the type of guests who stay at these types of resorts. They expect the best, and both the Hilton and Polin deliver on all levels.