Macau, China, and Los Angeles, CA, USA – Melco Crown Entertainment Limited has revealed an all-star line-up of top international magicians for ‘The House of Magic’, the first and only permanent magic extravaganza at Studio City.
Designed, curated and hosted by world-acclaimed illusionist Franz Harary, ‘The House of Magic’ is the world’s largest immersive visitor magic experience featuring live magicians set in a mystical three-theater showcase complex of amazing, mind-bending magic.
It represents just one of the stunning world-class entertainment centerpieces at the US$3.2 billion Studio City, envisioned by Mr. Lawrence Ho as a thrilling new cinematically-themed entertainment and leisure destination in Macau that is set to become Asia’s Entertainment Capital and to take Macau’s non-gaming entertainment destination proposition to unprecedented new levels.
Awarded ‘Illusionist of the Decade’ by the International Magician Society, Franz Harary is a pioneer of magic on an epic scale – most famously the disappearance of the Sphinx in Cairo and NASA’s Space Shuttle at the Kennedy Space Center. He has previously collaborated on special magical effects for Michael Jackson and other superstars including, Janet Jackson, Justin Timberlake, Ayumi Hamasaki and Justin Bieber, bringing highly innovative illusions to live entertainment productions.
Magical Theatrical Extravaganza
At ‘The House of Magic,’ Franz Harary presides over a magical theatrical extravaganza in what is set to become the “Mecca of Magic” in Asia. Along with his own spectacular ‘Mega-Magic’ show, he will host a stellar, rotating line-up of the most talented magicians invited from around the world.
The first ‘Maestros of Magic’ include UK illusionist James More, who has performed worldwide and appeared in over sixty countries as a performer on Europe’s premier variety television show, “Les Plus Grand Cararet du Monde.”
He is joined by American comedic magician Rudy Coby, also known as “Labman”. A member of the Magic Castle in Hollywood and a US television regular, Coby is known for delivering eclectic and original comedic performances that combine science with magic.
Fellow Magic Castle member, illusionist Danny Cole is one of the world’s premier magicians, with a contemporary approach to the art of sleigh-of-hand. Master illusionist Michael Turco has spent the last year headlining in his own show in Las Vegas, ‘Michael Turco’s “Magic & Mayhem”’ at Planet Hollywood Casino and has created spectacular new illusions for the ‘The House of Magic’ showcase.
Portugal’s Luis de Matos has hosted and produced over 150 award-winning television shows as has starred in the UK on the BBC’s ‘The Magicians’. Renowned for grand illusions, Luis has previously made an elephant disappear; a Ferrari melt-away; a six ton truck appear – and even made Mickey Mouse appear for the Portuguese launch of the Disney Channel.
Spectacular couples also feature, with Las Vegas based husband and wife due Kyle and Mistie Knight, performing up-close feats of magic in front of amazed audiences and recently headlining in “World Stars of Magic” in the famous casino city.
Partners in magic, Mark Kalin and Jinger Leigh redefine the traditional concepts of a “magic show” with uniquely theatrical show productions. The couple have made memorable appearances on US network television as well as producing thrillingly innovative stage shows.
The House of Magic
‘The House of Magic’ is a multi-theatre experience unlike anything seen in Asia before. Visitors enjoy three distinct magic shows within an incredible entertainment complex comprising one 300-seat showcase theater and two 150-seat parlor theaters.
This center for magical entertainment in Asia includes:
- The Illusion Laboratory – A twisting magical labyrinth delivers you to the entrance of the Laboratory, an intriguing Victorian-themed waiting room that houses an incredible collection of optical illusions and magical curios which hint at the wonders that wait beyond. It’s also the secret workshop of the ‘Illusioneer’ whose alchemy of cutting edge technology and magic power a demonstration of his miraculous ‘Teleporter’.
- The Majestic – The Golden Age of Vaudeville is the inspiration for this jewel of a theater that seats only 150 guests, offering them an unparalleled view of the one of magic’s most elite performers.
- The Lair – With its Medieval-themed décor, the Lair transports guests to an ancient age of wizarding where modern wonder workers perform an astounding display of magical skills that enchant and delight an audience of no more than 150 guests, making for an intimate magical experience.
- The Grand Hall – After witnessing the magical miracles performed in the Majestic and Lair theaters, guests will gather in The Grand Hall to marvel at a gallery that celebrates the history of magic and honors the greats who defined the art form. Our visit here is brief because the most astounding part of the experience awaits in the Mega Magic Theater.
- The Mega Magic Theatre – This amazing state of the art theater was designed by Franz Harary himself to showcase his newest, never before seen illusions that redefine the art of magic. This 300 seat theater contains more multimedia wizardry than any other magic show in history and offers a groundbreaking opportunity to witness the spectacle of stadium-sized illusions on a stage that’s close enough for guests to feel completely immersed in this unique magical experience. It was Franz Harary’s work as an illusion designer for concert superstars, Justin Timberlake, Madonna and Michael Jackson that inspired him to create this one of a kind showplace.
- The House of Magic Shop – Houdini would feel right at home in this Victorian-themed magic shop and retail experience. And what better way to capture the magic of your visit than by taking home a few simple to do tricks that will make mini miracles happen in your own hands to the delight of your family and friends.
- The Magic Restaurant ‘Nuwa’ – This Michelin-rated gourmet restaurant features Shanghainese cuisine served in uniquely elegant surroundings that are inspired by an age of wonder when intricate mechanical curiosities were the marvels of the day. There is magic to be discovered here, as subtle and refined as the flavorful meals. It’s a fine dining experience that extends beyond your plate and palate to satisfy your very sense of wonder.
“I am thrilled to have the opportunity to work with Mr. Lawrence Ho and Melco Crown Entertainment to realize a long-standing dream to create a true home to magic here in Asia,” explained Franz Harary.
“Working with the considerable expertise of Melco Crown Entertainment in delivering truly unique, world-class entertainment experiences to Asia, ’The House of Magic’ will represent the ultimate showcase for world-class magic. I am delighted that so many of my magician colleagues, representing the highest echelons of their profession, will join me in what I hope will become the center for magic and magicians in the region and around the world.”
Mr. Lawrence Ho, Co-Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of Melco Crown Entertainment said: “World-class entertainment is a key feature of our leisure destination offerings at Studio City. As a pioneer of highly innovative and unique destination-centric entertainment, Melco Crown Entertainment continuously searches the world for the very best and most uniquely exciting visitor experiences.
“’The House of Magic’ is a totally unique entertainment offering to Macau and indeed Asia, as we continue our commitment to expanding the non-gaming leisure and entertainment offerings available in Macau as a continued strategy in supporting the evolution of Macau as a highly-diversified and world-leading leisure and tourism destination.”
Studio City is located on Cotai, Macau, close to the Lotus Bridge immigration point which connects with Hengqin Island, and a future station-point for the Macau Light Rapid Transit. This Hollywood-themed studio-concept resort is set to become the new Asia’s Entertainment Capital.
For further information on Studio City visit: www.studiocity-macau.com.