San Antonio, TX, USA (May 15, 2013) /PRNewswire/ — Coiled and ready to strike, Six Flags Fiesta Texas today unveils the most anticipated new coaster of the year, the Iron Rattler. The extreme, ultra-smooth coasterplummets guests down an 81 degree drop from a height of 180-feet, roars 70 miles per hour, snakes through four wild overbanked turns and then flips riders upside down on the first-ever zero-g barrel roll on a wooden hybrid coaster. The Iron Rattler opens for season pass holders on May 18 and 19, and then opens to the public on Saturday, May 25, 2013.
Iron Rattler’s extreme features:
- A massive 180-foot lift hill – Tallest hybrid coaster in the World!
- Thrilling 81 degree drop, almost straight down – Steepest Hybrid coaster in the World!
- A blazing top speed of 70 mph – Fastest Hybrid coaster in the World!
- A Zero-G Barrel Roll – the first Hybrid coaster to completely flip riders upside down!
- Four over-banked turns—more than any other hybrid coaster
- Camelback Airtime Hills
- An out-of-your-seat free fall into the quarry tunnel
Other dazzling special effects:
- Water cannon blasts
- Dramatic, synchronized tunnel lighting
- Realistic rattlesnake sounds and vibrations
“We’re so excited to finally unveil this innovative hybrid coaster that also offers an amazingly smooth ride. This cutting-edge coaster proudly complements our existing ride package, all while featuring thrills not found anywhere else,” said park president Martin Bozer.