[quote]We truly owe a debt of gratitude to the park owners who put their faith in us to deliver waterslides that create such dedicated fans – fans who come back over and over to be able to experience our rides. We rely on our partners to help us continually innovate our products to meet their and their guests’ highest expectations. We congratulate them all and all the winners” — Sohret Pakis, Director of Marketing and Communications for Polin[/quote]
Istanbul, Turkey (October 10, 2015) — For the third time in four years, Polin Waterparks‘s innovative King Cobra waterslide earned the First Place European Star Award in the category of Best Waterslide in Europe. Polin received the impressive recognition at the annual Euro Attractions Show (EAS) during a special evening event at Liseberg Amusement Park in Gothenburg, Sweden on October 6th.
King Cobra has won numerous awards since its debut. The waterslide is unique not only for its appearance but also for its thrilling ride. It is a game changing waterslide. It is the first waterslide in the World that offers its own theming built in its fiberglass. Regarding its compelling looks, when maintaining its original theme, it features bold red, black and white scales that create an imposing veneer over both its exterior and interior. Its sheer size also gains respect: It reaches a massive height of 50 feet (15.24 meters) with a length of 260 feet (790 meters). Plus, the theming does not need to be a King Cobra. It is compatible with different themes.
Total of Seven Awards
Polin’s awards didn’t end with its singular accolade, however. Polin also was honored with seven additional awards in partnership with waterparks that feature its waterslides. Polin gave kudos to these parks in providing them with the perfect facilities in which to showcase its waterslides.
The partners who were also recognized at the event and received awards were:
- Aqualand Frejus in France for First Place in “Europe’s Best Water Slides” for Polin’s King Cobra. Aqualand Frejus was the first park in France at which a King Cobra was installed. Other Aqualand facilities at which Polin has installed attractions are Aqualand Cap d’Agde, Aqualand St. Cyprien, Aqualand St. Cyr Sur Mer and Aqualand Bassin d’Arcachon.
- Aqua Fantasy in Turkey for Third Place in “Europe’s Best Water Parks” and Seventh Place for “Europe’s Best Water Slides” for Polin’s Super Combo. Aqua Fantasy has the special honor of launching one of Polin’s newest signature attractions: its first Sphere, another innovative product that is gaining growing popularity. Please see the video.
- Istralandia in Croatia for Fifth Place in “Europe’s Best Water Parks.” Istralandia was the first waterpark ever built in Croatia. And they did expand with two new waterslides again by Polin this year. Please see the video.
- Rixos Premium Tekirova in Turkey for Fifth Place in “Europe’s Best Water Slides” for Polin’s new waterslide Surf Safari and Tenth Place for “Europe’s Best New Attractions,” also for Polin’s Surf Safari. Rixos is where the very first Surf Safari was installed. The park also features several other Polin attractions: a Looping Rocket, Spheres and a giant water-play structure. Please see the video.
- Riviera Aquapark at Maxx Royal Resort in Turkey for Tenth Place in “Europe’s Best Water Parks.” Maxx Royal Resort is one of the most prestigious waterpark resorts in Turkey.
More on European Star Award:
On the occasion of the trade exhibition Euro Attractions Show, this year taking place from the 6th to 8th October in the Swedish city of Gothenburg, the most noteworthy theme parks, the best novelties, and the most spectacular attractions and coasters were honored.In the run-up, an international and independent trade jury voted the Top 10 winners in 13 categories.All renowned park operators and manufacturers received their prizes personally. The European Star Award was launched by the trade magazine Kirmes & Park Revue in order to bring attention to innovative ideas and entrepreneurial courage within the industry.