Playa del Carmen, Mexico — Having put on 7,000 performances is a feat that not many theatrical productions can boast. Broadway shows such as Chicago, Les Misérables, Cats and The Lion King each have around that amount. “Xcaret México Espectacular” has put on over 7,500.
Now in its 20th year, “Xcaret México Espectacular” is a play internationally recognized for its artistic and technical quality and for the emotion it arouses by its attachment to values of national identity.
In an emotional ceremony on July 2, a plaque was unveiled to celebrate the 20th anniversary of the legendary production. The unveiling was led by architect Miguel Quintana Pali, president of Experiencias Xcaret, and Leticia Aguerrebere, who has directed the show over the past two decades.
It is a show that highlights the importance of Mexican history, music and traditions and has been enjoyed by more than 16 million viewers from all over the world. More than 300 performers, all from Mexico, take the stage at Gran Tlachco in Xcaret Park 365 days a year to showcase what Mexico is all about through this unique cultural immersion.
- –Xcaret’s evening format began on July 4, 1995
- –Gran Tlachco started operations on March 5, 2002
- –100% Mexican crew and artists on and off stage: 334 musicians, singers, dancers, children, elderly dancers, pre-Columbian dancers, Voladores de Papantla (flying men), technicians, operators, designers, directors, coaches, and managers
- –Total functions performed in Xcaret at night: 7,502
- –More than 16 million viewers throughout its history