Alexandria, VA, USA — Preliminary estimates indicate a record-breaking 5,350 industry professionals participated in Asian Attractions Expo 2013 (AAE 2013), one of the fastest-growing exhibitions and conferences for the attractions industry in the Asia-Pacific region. The growth of the industry in the region was mirrored at the four-day Expo with a record number of buyers and a record number of exhibiting companies displaying the newest products and services on the largest trade show floor in the event’s history. The IAAPA Institute for Attractions Managers was sold out and attendance was strong at the education conference programs. Asian Attractions Expo, which is produced by the International Association of Amusement Parks and Attractions (IAAPA), took place at the Sands Expo and Convention Center at Marina Bay Sands 4 – 7 June.
More than 3,600 buyers, including owners, executives, managers, and leaders from theme parks, water parks, family entertainment centers, zoos, aquariums, museums, science centers, and resorts from 67 nations participated in AAE 2013.
“Asian Attractions Expo 2013’s success reflects the tremendous industry growth in the Asia-Pacific region and confirms the Expo is the attractions industry’s leading event for industry professionals,” said IAAPA President and CEO, Paul Noland.
“Asian Attractions Expo is ideal for learning, networking, and establishing quality buyer/seller connections. This year’s conference and exhibition delivered on all fronts from the Opening Ceremony to the standing-room-only education sessions, and first-class events and tours at Singapore-area attractions,” said IAAPA Vice President, Asia Pacific Operations, Andrew Lee.
Asian Attractions Expo 2013 by the Numbers
- 286 companies from 34 countries displayed new and innovative products over 6,824 net square meters of space, the most expansive exhibition floor in the Expo’s history.
- 3,600 qualified buyers including executives from theme parks, attractions, water parks, family entertainment centers (FECs), zoos, aquariums, museums, science centers, and resorts from 67 nations met with industry suppliers, attended education sessions, and participated in networking events to get new ideas and learn about the important trends in the industry.
- Attendance at the education conference was nearly 1,500, including IAAPA’s Institute for Attractions Managers and IAAPA Safety Institute.
- 280 people attended the Leadership Breakfast featuring the keynote address by Ocean Park Corporation Chief Executive, Tom Mehrmann.
- Nearly 230 people participated in behind-the-scenes tours of Legoland Malaysia, Lat’s Place, Hello Kitty Town, and Universal Studios Singapore.
- Approximately 400 people attended the Opening Ceremony which highlighted new attractions in Asia and included performances by Victoria’s Way from Enchanted Kingdom in the Philippines and Sesame Street characters from Universal Studios Singapore.
- More than 500 participants enjoyed tours of Marine Life Park and Adventure Cove at Resorts World Sentosa during the Opening Night Event.
The sponsors for Asian Attractions Expo 2013 were Chimelong Group, FUNA, Forrec Ltd., Jack Rouse & Associates, Mack Rides, Themed Attractions and Resorts, The Producers Group, and Vekoma Rides.
Asian Attractions Expo 2014 will be held at the China National Convention Center 17-20 June 2014 and advance exhibit sales are strong. Exhibitor information on the 2014 event is available at www.IAAPA.org/expos/asian-attractions-expo-2013/exhibit-and-sponsor and attendee information will be available in the fall.