TAMPA, Fla. (Aug. 19, 2011) – This fall, a new type of terror takes root in the Dark Side of the Gardens at Howl-O-Scream 2011. For 17 select nights, Busch Gardens Tampa Bay will be overgrown with NEW haunted houses, thrilling live shows, the return of Alone – Busch Gardens’ revolutionary idea in how guests experience haunted attractions – and the opportunity to experience Florida’s first triple launch coaster, Cheetah Hunt, in the dark.
Even the streets themselves aren’t safe… for zombies live here, and insatiable hoards pour forth from every shadow, hungry to show fans the most horrifying Howl-O-Scream yet. It will leave guests begging for mercy… and screaming for more.
The event runs Thursday through Saturday nights, Sept. 29-Oct. 1, 6-8, 13-15, 20-22 and 27-29. Freaky Preview lets those who cannot wait to face the darkness experience the event a week early on Sept. 23-24 for discounted rates.
From the master of gothic horror to the darkest secrets of a sinister casino, Howl-O-Scream 2011’s new haunted houses are designed to touch every aspect of terror:
- NEW! Nevermore – Beating hearts, swinging pendulums and a raven’s cries haunt the manor of Lenore, creating a demented and twisted nightmare.
- NEW! Zombie Mortuary – No one remembers how the epidemic started, but now, zombies live here.
- NEW! Ultimate Gamble: Vampire Casino – Fanged fiends entice you to test your luck in this sultry hangout straight from Sin City.
Some of the most demented houses ever are back by popular demand with some horrible new twists:
- Alone… (A personal experience in horror) – The deranged Master Alexander Daedal us opened Minotaur Storage to house his vast collection of “cultural” remains. Escape this lunatic’s labyrinth or you will become part of his collection.
- Nightshade Toy Factory – By day, the old Nightshade Toy Factory appears abandoned. But these twisted toys are alive…and they are coming after the adults who have forgotten them.
- Death Row Vengeance: Fear the Dead – The inmates of Grey Echo Penitentiary are slated for execution, but a zombie plague infests the crumbling cells.
- Deconstruction: The Doctor Is Out of Control – Dr. Edger VonAngst has the skill and technology to make you over…but what will you become?
After braving bone-chilling coasters in the dark such as Cheetah Hunt, SheiKra, Montu, Gwazi and Kumba, guests can catch their breath:
- NEW! Midnight Hour – The music industry can be a devilish business to break into, especially when your road to fame leads to the Hellfire Club.
- Fiends – Is there a doctor in the house? These captivating creatures of the night will infect you with dance fever and keep your pulse pounding with their deranged dance party.
- Club Virus – Escape the hordes and head to the transformed Marrakesh Theater to join the killer party at Howl-O-Scream’s exclusive dance club.
- Howl-O-Scream Shop of Horrors – Remember your evening of evil with the perfect Howl-O-Scream souvenir, including toys, tees and other Halloween-themed gifts.
- And if there’s one thing worse than being terrified, it’s being terrified on an empty stomach. Fright Feast is the most deranged dinner show in town.
Howl-O-Scream is a separate ticketed night event for a mature audience.