Cedar Fair is seeking a Corporate Director, Communications at the Corporate office Charlotte, NC. The Director, reporting to the CMO, will lead strategy development and execution of associate communications, executive communications and public relations program.
• Works directly with CMO to create the company’s external and internal communications, ensuring integration and consistency of messaging
• Serves as principal day-to-day Corporate Communications Contact; primary writer and storyteller of corporate news, success stories and employee engagement for publishing across multiple communication channels
• Drive associate communications strategy and messaging (approximately 70% of focus), keeping associates throughout the organization informed and engaged.
• Keeps associates informed of new developments and initiatives through effective internal communications strategies inclusive of platform management, distribution, cadence and guidelines
• Oversee park communications planning and execution (15% of focus) to ensure alignment, coordination and consistency of PR and Social Media strategies, messaging, content creation, asset management, measurement and reporting.
• Coordinates closely with executive management to ensure all communications (including Social Media) are aligned with company positions, plans and objectives
• Forms and maintains relationship with an internal network of key contacts in order to gather and craft stories to push out timely brand and culture building communications
• Lead external corporate communications (15% of focus) in close collaboration with executive management team and investor relations ensuring integrated messaging supporting new business strategies, organizational changes, ESG initiatives, and other key announcements
• Responsible for creation and maintenance of content on Corporate Website, news releases and other corporate communications. As appropriate, assists Investor Relations on website material, publications and announcements
• Collaborates with Investor Relations and Park Communications teams on news releases and media relations supporting new product announcements, special events and promotions
•Organizes annual communications training seminar for internal PR & Social Media staff ensuring best practices in content creation, publishing, and measurement throughout company
• Monitors and measures effectiveness of communications programs