This new family-friendly coaster, inspired by the “Guardians of the Galaxy” films, features its main cast of characters, including Rocket, Groot, Drax, Gamora and Star-Lord. The attraction is another milestone in the ongoing transformation of EPCOT and debuts as part of the Walt Disney World 50th Anniversary celebration.
Located in the park’s newly renamed World Discovery neighborhood, Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind will be the first “other-world” showcase pavilion at EPCOT.
Xandarians traveled from their homeworld in the Andromeda galaxy to Earth — or Terra, as they call it — to build this Wonders of Xandar pavilion, inviting EPCOT guests to learn more about their people and their advanced technologies.
A New Kind of Family Thrill
In addition to the Wonders of Xandar pavilion, Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind will offer several other “firsts,” including:
- The first coaster attraction at EPCOT,
- The first reverse launch for a Disney coaster, and
- The first Walt Disney World attraction to feature the Guardians of the Galaxy.
Highlights of the attraction include:
- The Galaxarium, a sweeping planetarium-style space showcasing planets, stars and other intergalactic wonders that connect Terra and Xandar.
- The Xandar Gallery, where guests will discover more about the Xandarian people, culture and history — including the heroes of Xandar — through specially crafted displays and projections.
- Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind will be one of the longest fully enclosed coasters in the world, housed in one of the largest show buildings ever constructed for a Disney theme park.
- A Starblaster will stand outside the Wonders of Xandar building, the first full-size version of this Xandarian ship ever built.