Kissimmee, FL, USA /PRWEB/ — Visitors planning a visit to Gaylord Palms Resort this summer will find their vacation jam-packed with fun that includes new, interactive leisure experiences that are all part of the resort’s recent $50 million renovation.
Splash into a new family water park with nonstop entertainment, explore a tree house, party poolside with Shrek & friends of DreamWorks Animation SKG, Inc. go on a scavenger hunt, enjoy a “splash ‘n’ screen” movie, watch sports on a 37-foot sports screen and much more.
Everything is included in the price of an overnight stay. There are no additional fees or admission charges to the resort’s new attractions and activities.
According to Johann Krieger, the resort’s senior vice president and general manager, the new outdoor leisure experiences offer guests the best of all worlds.
“The resort is the best of Florida all in one place. The perfect alternative to staying in the theme parks, a short shuttle ride from Gaylord Palms Resort to Walt Disney World’s main gate makes it easy and convenient. And with the new leisure experiences and one-of-a-kind attractions, summer visitors have new choices conveniently located on our property.”
- At the new multi-level Cypress Springs Family Fun Water Park splash into the new Everglades-inspired water wonderland with a zero-entry, beach style design. Guests meet and mingle with Shrek and his friends. Enjoy non-stop interactive fun that includes: a multi-level tree house with four twisting waterslides; an outdoor stage for DreamWorks entertainment and ongoing activities; “Splash ‘n’ Screen” movies with child-friendly films; Day Dreaming Games; Crack-a-Lackin’ Pool Parties; ground sprays and gurgling springs; hoop water basketball; water tipping bucket. A fulltime recreation staff oversees the continual activities. Family cabanas are available for rental.
- Designed as the favorite “neighborhood hangout” of resort guests is the new Wreckers Sports Bar Wreckers brings together the most modern of video technology, including a two-story sports screen, and is filled with authentic remnants that reflect a time when scavengers came home from treasure-laden shipwrecks to celebrate their earnings with a pint or two of brew. Sports fans feel like part of the action watching their favorite teams. An oversized two-story, 37-foot, sports screen in an atrium setting ensures a good vantage point for watching sports programming from around the world. More than 50 HDTVs ranging from 32″ to 60″ provide up-to-the-minute coverage throughout the venue. Enjoy watching and relaxing in oversized rattan chairs that provide comfortable conversation areas or view programming from dining area.
- The new exclusive adult-only swimming pool features a sophisticated South Beach design lined with tropical palms. Amenities include fully stocked private cabanas, television screens, lounges, and ceiling fans. The adjacent outdoor SandBar offers dining and cocktails under covered seating.
- At the Coquina Lawn, the 10,000-square-foot, park-like setting offers a backdrop for picnics, theater, Frisbee, kite flying, movies and much more! Three fire pits provide the perfect place for engaging conversation.
- Preferred tee times are just five minutes away at Celebration Golf Club, an official golf course partner of Gaylord Palms Resort. Play the final course co-designed by the renowned masters of golf course architecture, Robert Trent Jones Senior and Junior. Or take advantage of the Golf Academy at Celebration, one of only three PING nFlight Centers in the nation that provides participants with the same software and fitting experience that touring pros receive from PING.
- Stylish, contemporary and comfortable, all 1,406 guestrooms have been renovated to include updated amenities. Flat screen televisions, furniture, bed linens and towels, lounge chairs and ergonomic upholstered desk chairs. Wi-fi is available in all rooms.
- Take time out from all the fun for some pampering at the recently renovated Relâche Spa & Salon, guests treat themselves to the popular Intraceutical Oxygen Facial treatments used to make celebrities such as Madonna and Eva Longoria look flawless and red carpet perfect. The top to bottom makeover also includes “Best of Florida” spa treatments in a setting that reflects tropical Florida. And the spa’s new 4,000-square-foot Relâche Fitness Center is outfitted with Life Fitness cardio and strength training equipment and offers a schedule of fitness classes.
- Resort guests enjoy scheduled transportation to the Walt Disney theme parks. A shuttle to SeaWorld Orlando and Universal Orlando may be arranged through concierge at a nominal fee.
About Gaylord Palms® Resort
Gaylord Palms Resort & Convention Center offers world-class leisure and convention -focused amenities – all under one roof. The award-winning Gaylord Palms is a Gaylord Hotels-branded property owned by Gaylord Entertainment (NYSE: GET), a leading hospitality and entertainment company based in Nashville, Tenn. For more information, visit http://www.gaylordpalms.com or http://www.gaylordentertainment.com
Shrek, Madagascar, Kung Fu Panda and all related characters and properties © 2012 DreamWorks Animation L.L.C.