Universal Orlando Resort reveals more gruesome details about the impending terror that awaits guests brave enough to face Halloween Horror Nights 2022 – including the six horrifying concepts that complete this year’s lineup of 10 haunted houses, five sinister scare zones and two live shows. The event kicks off Friday, September 2 and runs select nights through October 31, 2022.
As Halloween Horror Nights turns 31 this fall, a haunting conglomerate of unfathomable experiences inspired by traditional Halloween elements and some of guests’ worst fears come to life in this year’s collection of haunted houses and scare zones – unleashing everything from vengeance-seeking pumpkins and witches to twisted trick-or-treaters and grotesque bugs to prey upon guests. When guests need a break from the scares, they can watch two outrageous live shows.
Here’s an overview of the experiences coming to Universal Orlando’s Halloween Horror Nights 2022:
Six new haunted houses – Spine-chilling and unnerving stories will envelop guests in haunted houses where they will:
- Enter an unsettling 1920s speakeasy only to discover that they are the main ingredient of witch’s brew in “Spirits of the Coven”
- Face a putrid, skin-crawling infestation of spiders, roaches, flies, bees and more in “Bugs: Eaten Alive”
- Escape or become prey to a no-longer mythical, fanged creature in “Fiesta de Chupacabras”
- Attempt to survive visiting hours for horrifying monsters serving time in “Hellblock Horror”
- Endure a petrifying winter thunderstorm in a seaside village ruled by an undead fisherman in “Dead Man’s Pier: Winter’s Wake”
- Encounter bloodthirsty mutants living in a post-apocalyptic subway system in “Descendants of Destruction”
These experiences complete the lineup of 10 terrifying haunted houses coming to Halloween Horror Nights 2022, which also include “The Weeknd: After Hours Nightmare,” “Halloween,” “Universal Monsters: Legends Collide” and “The Horrors of Blumhouse.”
Five scare zones – There’s nowhere to hide in the streets of Universal Studios Florida as hordes of menacing creatures from Halloween’s past infiltrate five scare zones, where guests will:
- Encounter The Pumpkin Lord and all his devious subjects in “Horrors of Halloween”
- Reap the wrath of scarecrows who will stop at nothing to harvest their souls in “Scarecrow: Cursed Soil”
- Experience a terrifying 1950s Halloween parade-gone-wrong alongside bloodthirsty trick-or-treaters in “Sweet Revenge”
- Venture through an ominous Halloween thunderstorm within a ghastly cemetery in “Graveyard: Deadly Unrest”
- Escape an evil sorceress bringing forth an army of ravenous monstrosities in “Conjure the Dark”
Two live shows – When guests need a break from the scares, they can enjoy two brand-new, outrageously entertaining shows:
- Halloween Nightmare Fuel Wildfire – the sequel to last year’s fan-favorite “Halloween Nightmare Fuel” show featuring the world-famous performance group, The Fuel Girls – highlighting a new Dreamer in the depths of a new nightmare set to a heart-pounding metal, rock and electronica score.
- Ghoulish! A Halloween Tale, an all-new show taking place in the Universal Studios lagoon that follows the Grim Reaper on the undertaking of what happens beyond the grave – all set to eerily-remixed music by some of today’s most iconic artists.