Global attractions industry professionals will gather next month in Shanghai, China, for IAAPA Expo Asia 2021. Taking place August 10-13, the Expo features many opportunities for amusement, attractions and leisure professionals to come together, learn, buy and network, and focus on moving the industry forward. Expo participants can take part in a complete conference that includes general education sessions, trade show floor and special events throughout the week.
IAAPA Expo Asia: 2021 Insights
The first-ever, full-day IAAPA Expo Asia: 2021 Insights will take place prior to the official start of Expo, on Tuesday, 10 August. Located at the Shendi Center in Shanghai, China, the event features international speakers from global and local theme parks, family entertainment centers, indoor ski parks, shows and more. Keynote presentations will focus on new ways professionals can move their business forward, share stories of recovery and highlight the innovation and ideas that are currently shaping the future of the attractions industry.
Featured Speakers at the 2021 Insights Day include:
- Joe Schott, President and General Manager, Shanghai Disney Resort
- Luke Riley, Chief Commercial Officer, Village Roadshow, IAAPA Board Member, Chairman of IAAPA Asia Pacific Advisory
- Mars Hou, Vice President of Tencent Games, General Manager of Tencent Esports
- Anne Zhao, Vice Chair, Chief Government Officer of Puy du Fou Asia
- Wang Wei, Vice President and General Manager of Operations Center, Sunac Culture and Tourism Group
- Andrew Kam, President, China Cultural Tourism Group
- Owen Zhao, President, TEA Asia Pacific Division Board
- William Liu, Director/President, Greater China, Sanderson Group
- Leo Liu, Founder and Chairman, Beijing TripVivid Group (Moderator)
- Zhang Qi, Regional General Manager, Midway China, Merlin Entertainments
- Daisy Wang, Chairman, Hainan Carnival Entertainment
- Xu Jing, Co-Founder, NEOBIO
- Linda Dong, President, China Leisure Development (Moderator)
- Buffet Dinner at Wandering Moon Teahouse at Shanghai Disneyland
Registration for the 2021 Insights event includes admission to all keynote presentations and panel discussions, a networking luncheon, and park admission and dinner reception at Shanghai Disneyland. Space is limited and the event is on track to sell out.
IAAPA Expo Asia Opening Ceremony
To commemorate the opening of IAAPA Expo Asia and to celebrate the industry’s return to in-person events and trade shows, the IAAPA Expo Asia Opening Ceremony will take place on the trade show floor Wednesday, August 11 at 9:30 a.m. Located in the Shanghai New International Expo Centre (SNIEC) the brief event will mark the official opening of IAAPA Expo Asia and help excite and inspire attendees and exhibitors alike. Live entertainment, updates from the IAAPA Asia Pacific region and a sneak peek of what’s to come for the global attractions industry and the association will also be shared.
There is no additional cost to attend the Opening Ceremony. Attendees need only display their Expo badge.
IAAPA Expo Asia Opening Reception
IAAPA Expo Asia attendees and exhibitors can come together for an evening of shared conversation, craft beer and comradery. Taking place Wednesday, August 11 at 6:30 p.m. at The BREW, in the Kerry Hotel Pudong, the reception is the perfect way to close the first day of the Expo. The craft brewery features a selection of locally brewed craft beer, yummy appetizers, and live music.
IAAPA Expo Asia Post Tour to Beijing
The networking and sharing opportunities continue after the IAAPA Expo Asia experience closes. Expo participants can extend their stay in China and take part in a two-day post tour to Beijing.
Saturday, August 14 to Sunday, August 15, IAAPA presents an exclusive and optional post-tour event that will visit world-class attractions in Beijing. The post tour will include exclusive facility tours, insightful sharing from industry leaders and networking activities. Space is limited for this event, and interested participants are asked to complete the online form to aid in final preparations.