Given global trends, how should attractions best reinvest in themselves to ensure maximum growth?
Lesley Morisetti, Morisetti Associates: Enhance your brand
Re-investment priorities will vary according to the maturity of your attraction, gaps in its current offer and its customer base and, crucially, new investment must be truly aligned to your brand and its values, so that it adds to and enhances the brand rather than causing confusion and conflict. In that context, a few thoughts:
- Sweat your assets: Revitalize existing offerings through themed and seasonal events to attract repeat visitation and/or new audiences.
- Desire to influence: Actively involve your visitors in the planning of your new developments.
- All about Me: Recognize your visitors as individuals and enable them to personalize and tailor their experiences.
- Brand generosity: Free wi-fi at your attraction allows visitors to remain in touch with the outside world and to access all those clever park apps.
- Build bigger: Both for larger visitors and to accommodate the desire to share experiences with friendship groups.