New Orleans, LA, USA — On December 8, 2012 Audubon Butterfly Garden and Insectarium will celebrate the holidays with activities and treats for the entire family with its annual “Jingle Bugs” festival. Admission is FREE for Audubon members.
- Guests can test their knowledge of “winter bugs” with the GUMDROP HUNT. They’ll look high and low for the gumdrops to answer the questions. Guests can pick up game cards in the lobby and turn them in at the Metamorphosis Lab to enter for a prize
- Visitors can join Santa Claus for a Buggy reading of a local favorite book,Night Before Christmas, in BUG APPETIT.
- Guests have the opportunity to ample HOLIDAY TREATS all day— such as Peppermint Cricket Bark, Bug Nog and Fruit Fly Cake in BUG APPETIT.
- Meet SANTA CLAUS. Take your own photo or purchase from Amazing Photos.
- Meet PUPA NOEL in METAMORPHOSIS LAB–check out his sleigh and 8 tiny “Beetle-deer.” He’ll be ‘hanging around’ all day.
- Help trim the tree. Kids, visit the craft table between Hall of Fame and METAMORPHOSIS LAB to make your very own holiday ornament.