|concept art: Steve Perry
“So, what’s Coming?
- A 170-acre Theme Park with over 30 exciting Rides, Stunt Shows, and Entertainment. Not to mention incredible food.
- An awesome Mall area featuring some of the best restaurants, family entertainment, and Night Clubs in Louisiana. It will include a state-of-the-art Movie Theater, an incredible new laser tag type game, and Family style mini Bowling Alley.
- a 600+ room Hotel Resort.
- A brand new RV Park.
- A Championship Golf Course
- and a Convention Center
“Where is the park going to be?
Currently we have a few different spots where we want to put the park. All I can say is, we will build in Houma, and we will make an extreme effort to build the park away from residential areas.
- “When will you open the Park?
- We are way too early to set an opening date. There are still way too many factors and variables that can make this project take a little while longer than we want.
- “Why build in Houma?
- Again, we’ve done our homework here. Houma is one of the fastest growing cities in Louisiana. This makes it a prime location to put the park.
- “Why not rebuild Jazzland?
- Jazzland, we believe was not the best location for a Theme Park. Theme Parks seem to do a lot better in middle-class areas. In addition, Jazzland’s confusing get-off-this-freeway, -get-on-this-freeway location, made it too confusing for most.
- “Are you just going to be buying-up the old Jazzland rides?
- No way! We will be purchasing new rides and shows from the top companies in their professions. We look to have 4 different roller coasters, a planetarium, an entire western town, a pirate village, as well as a state-of-the-art 3,000 – 4,000 seat amphitheater. We’ve done our best to make sure we are not duplicating any ride from any local amusement park or traveling carnival.
- “Will the Theme Park shut down during the winter?
- Nope. We plan on opening the park for Family fun year-round!”
- A May 15 update and analysis from HoumaToday.com: click here.