Six Flags Discovery Kingdom announced the addition of a new walkthrough experience that transports guests to a lush tropical environment including encounters with exotic animals –The Rainforest Trail. Set amongst water features and plant life designed to represent the special ecosystem of a rainforest, The Rainforest Trail features over 500 free-flying butterflies from around the world, colorful fish, a sloth, and more. This new animal attraction leads a new wave of enhancements to the park’s animal offerings in 2023, including a newly enhanced Shark Experience.
“We are excited to continue the park’s 37-year legacy of providing educational and thrilling wildlife adventures for our guests,” said General Manager Kirk Smith. “The Rainforest Trail, new Shark Experience, and other recent animal additions solidifies our commitment to delivering the most unique and innovative experiences for our guests. From world-class rollercoasters to breathtaking animal presentations, we have it all.”
At the newly enhanced Shark Experience, guests will discover new state-of-the-art audio and visual enhancements and interactive education opportunities to compliment the existing walkthrough underwater tunnel and floor-to-ceiling viewing windows that have been wowing guests for over 30 years. The 300,000-gallon exhibit hosts a variety of shark species, other fish, and stingrays from around the world.
Other animal additions in 2023 include new animal interaction programs:
- Dolphin Discovery – Swim alongside these amazing ocean creatures;
- Wildlife Adventure Tour – An intimate and private tour around the park with meetings with the park’s majestic animals;
- Sharks in the Dark – Sleep overnight in the park’s Shark Experience amongst the calm shadows of these creatures of the deep;
- Backstage Safari – Go behind the scenes and learn how the park’s animal care specialists care for the unique assembly of animals at Six Flags;
- Merlin’s Fins & Friends – Come face-to-face with the park’s famous Bottlenose Dolphins;
- Paint N’ Create – Create a truly unique work of art with a dolphin or penguin;
- Cain’s Lion Encounter – Discover the unique personalities of the park’s lion pride; and
- Sal’s Slither & Scales – Burrow into the fascinating world of reptiles.