The Themed Entertainment Association seeks presentations for its 2022 SATE Conference taking place in Las Vegas, Nevada, from October 13-15. This year’s conference theme is “Industry Innovations and Beyond,” where the conference hopes to discuss those ways in which the industry drives toward a greater tomorrow. SATE has always been a chance for its attendees to imagine what new Experiences might emerge out of the intersection of Storytelling, Architecture and Technology. The deadline for submission is June 10.
The co-chairs are seeking submissions to fill roughly 15-20 programming segments across the two-day SATE 2022 conference.
Particular attention will be paid to submissions dealing with the following subjects:
The world around us
- Sensory innovation (sound, lighting, show sets)
- Psychological innovation (thrill, emotions, choice and personalization)
- Experiential innovation (museums, mixed reality, media personalization, replayability, livestreaming)
- Risks and rewards of innovation
- Models and challenges of leadership
- The role of diversity and inclusion in innovation
- How-tos of leadership and innovation
Learning from Las Vegas
- Vegas past and present
- Revitalization and reinvention
- Other centers of innovation in the US and globally
- eSports, brand experiences, and spectacle
Beyond the pandemic
- Innovation in retail and cruise industries driven by the pandemic (technology, entertainment, storytelling, infrastructure)
- How the industry has responded to other societal disruptors
- Living in the new future (safety and preparation, new experiences, other improvements)
If you are interested in giving a presentation that relates to this year’s theme of “Leadership in Innovation,” please provide the following information to [email protected] no later than 5:00 p.m. PDT Friday, June 10, 2022. Presentations may be made by a single speaker or by a moderated group of speakers.
Speaker background (applies to all speakers)
- Speaker name(s)
- Speaker bio(s) (<100 words)
- Professional title(s)
- Email address
- Phone number
- List of relevant speaking experience
- Indicate whether you have spoken at a previous SATE or other TEA event
- Title of presentation
- 150-200-word description including goals and connection to conference theme Presentation outline
- A description of how you will present your topic in an innovative manner and a list of any special A/V or technical requirements*
*Please note your presentation submission will be assessed as much on content as the means of delivery.
- Strive for diversity of team and diversity of thought
- Speakers should be available for both days of the conference to allow for flexibility in scheduling.
- Presentations should be between 15 and 20 minutes in length. Exceptions will be made for some panels and shorter “bite-sized” content.
- Visual content must be formatted to a 16:9 ratio (eg. not 4:3) and be high resolution so that it does not appear blurry when projected.
- Speakers may not recycle material from previous presentations unless done so with a substantive new spin and must have permission to use the content they share.
- Speakers must cover their own travel and accommodation costs.
- Speakers should avoid self-promotion, balance own work with examples of others.