- It was visited by 7.3 million visitors, as opposed to the original estimated 5.5 million.
- It reached more people than the US embassy and five consulates in China will reach over the next decade.
- 95 percent of visitors agreed that visiting the pavilion was worth their time/effort.
- 93 percent felt the pavilion “represents the American spirit”
- 94 percent agreed that America is culturally diverse and innovative
- 92 percent believe that Chinese companies should use American companies as role models”
The Gold Standard Awards recognize excellence in government affairs and corporate communications. Sponsors include News Corp, UPS, eBay, Fleischman-Hillard, Weber Shandwick, Food Industry Asia, Edelman, the US-ASEAN Business Council, Research Pacific Group, AmCham-China, Asian Strategy and Leadership Institute and PR Newswire Asia.
Video clip from Shanghai Expo Closing Ceremony:
- US State Dept. issues RFP for a USA Pavilion at Yeosu Expo 2012
- BRC looks back on a good run at Shanghai Expo 2010
- Martin Palicki’s report on Shanghai 2010
- The USAP and other attractions industry milestones of 2010
IPM photo gallery: Shanghai 2010 expo