Big is a good thing but not the only thing, say the pros at ProSlide
Successful water park owners know that choosing the right anchor attractions plays a critical role in differentiating their park. These high-impact rides ensure parks stand out in a crowded market, attracting guests and driving repeat visits.
But creating a truly iconic ride is not just about putting a big water slide in the park. By definition, your park’s signature attractions must deliver:
- -Big impact. Exciting shapes and massive sizes attract guests and build anticipation. Installing them close to roads creates even more buzz.
- -Huge thrills. Superior ride performance offers guests high entertainment value and keeps them coming back.
- -High capacity. Iconic rides must include design innovations that enable them to handle the huge crowds they attract, consistently and with zero downtime.
In 2014, ProSlide Technology continued to meet the worldwide demand for ever bigger, more impactful anchor attractions.
In 2008, ProSlide invented an entirely new category of iconic attractions by combining two or more stand-alone rides into a single water slide. In 2014, ProSlide has grown their offering by creating a number of unique, pioneering hybrid combinations:
- -The first ProSlide BehemothBOWL 40 + TornadoWAVE hybrid was installed at Six Flags Over Georgia’s all new Hurricane Harbor water park. The 54’ high ride carries rafts of 2-4 passengers along a precisely engineered 747’ path of thrills – so precise that guests can move off the wall into a narrow 108-inch (274 cm) enclosed flume.
- -Spain’s Aquopolis water park launched the world’s first TORNADO 24 + BehemothBOWL 40 hybrid.
- -North America’s first TORNADO 24 + TornadoWAVE hybrid was installed at Water Country USA this past summer.
- -And in early 2014, Australia’s Wet’n’Wild Sydney opened with two ProSlide hybrid rides: BehemothBOWL 40 + BehemothBOWL 40 and the TORNADO 24 + TORNADO 24 + TORNADO 24. ProSlide installed 70% of the attractions at this park, including the entire kids area and both towers of rafting rides (the two towers boast a 9,000 rider/hr capacity).
LIM Water Coasters
Another ProSlide invention: water coasters that use advanced linear induction motors (LIMs) to power boats up steeper hills faster. Two new ProSlide HydroMAGNETIC ROCKET coasters were installed in China in 2014 – at Foshan Nanhai Bay & Grand Sight parks.
This patented water ride technology has taken the industry by storm, winning not only IAAPA’s most prestigious Industry Impact Award but sweeping all other award categories as well. ProSlide’s HydroMAGNETIC coasters have picked up 15 first place awards since 2007.
When it comes to choosing the right signature attractions, another critical factor to consider is how well they will hold their entertainment value. One example is the ProSlide TORNADO, winner of IAAPA’s 2003 Industry Impact Award and many Best Ride Awards.
Demand for this iconic ride pioneer is still strong more than 10 years later! ProSlide has installed over 20 new TORNADOs in 2014 alone, including at Center Parcs Woburn Forest, Kentucky Kingdom, Wet’n’Wild Las Vegas and more. • • •
ProSlide Technology (www.proslide.com or [email protected]) is an industry leader in water park rides and water park design. The company has been honored with more than 65 awards during 29 years in business. Some award highlights:
- -2013: IAAPA Best New Water Ride or Product – First Place for Hybrid: HydroMAGNETIC MAMMOTH + TORNADO 60
- -2013 WWA Leading Edge Award – First Place for Splash e Spa Tamaro
- -First Place Golden Ticket Award in 2014 for 2014 HydroMAGNETIC ROCKET – Holiday World
- -First Place Golden Ticket Award in 2013 for HydroMAGNETIC ROCKET – Dollywood’s Splash Country
- -First Place 2014 European Star award for Hybrid: TORNADO 24 + TornadoWAVE at Siam Park
- -First Place 2013 Theme Park & Attractions (TPASA) for Most Innovative Rides & Slide Manufacturer
- -Three IAAPA Impact Awards: 2003, BehemothBOWL; 2007, TORNADO 60; 2012, HM MAMMOTH