Richmond, BC, CANADA – WhiteWater West Industries Ltd. is proud to be celebrating its 30th year anniversary in the waterpark industry! With over 4,000 projects successfully completed worldwide and 450 employees in 15 offices internationally, WhiteWater is the global leader in waterpark design, engineering and manufacturing.
WhiteWater West began making waves in 1980, when Geoff Chutter, a young and entrepreneurial Chartered Accountant, saw an opportunity to enter into the newly developing waterpark industry. On December 15th, 1980, the company broke ground with WhiteWater Waterslide & Recreation Complex, in Penticton, Canada. Today, WhiteWater specializes in the planning and designing of waterparks, and the manufacturing of waterslides, multi-level play structures, wave-generating equipment and much more.
Chutter attributes much of WhiteWater’s award-winning success to its dedication to constant innovation. “Our rich history of cultivating strategic partnerships and developing exceptional products has advanced WhiteWater as a global leader in the waterpark industry”, Chutter affirms.
Notable WhiteWater milestones include:
- Incorporating WhiteWater West on December 15th, 1980
- Building WhiteWater’s own waterpark, which opened in 1981
- Merging with Brookside Engineering (1985)
- Merging with Barr & Wray N.A., adding wave generation to the product mix (1987)
- Adding architecture master planning and design services (1989), to compliment slide manufacturing
- Launching AquaPlayTM, multi-level, interactive aquatic structures (1998)
- Building a state-of-the-art 90,000 square foot fiberglass manufacturing facility in Kelowna, BC(1996), setting the stage for innovative closed-moulded process SilkTekTM to win “Most Valuable Product” (Aquatics International, 2010).
- Accolades in IAAPA’s “Best New Product” category for 8 consecutive years (2003-2008)
- Featured on The Travel Channel’s “Bert the Conqueror”. Bert exclaims that the award-winningAquaLoopTM,”The Scorpion’s Tail” at Noah’s Ark Waterpark, as “the greatest waterslide I’ve ever been on, in my entire life!”
- Manufacturing the award-winning Master Blaster® and FlowRider®
- Acquiring companies Prime Play, Delta Play, and SCS interactive, helping Prime Play by WhiteWater forge its path as the world-leader of dry play systems
- Opening WhiteWater’s 15th international office in Shanghai, China, meeting the growing demand in Asian markets and enhancing service to existing clients, in early 2011
- Chosen as the “World’s Greatest!…”* creator, builder and designer of waterparks in 2011
WhiteWater is very proud to be celebrating its 30th anniversary year as The Waterpark Company and is looking forward to many more milestones to come!
For more information on WhiteWater West Industries, The Waterpark Company, please visit the company website.