Grupo Xcaret, the leader in sustainable and socially responsible tourism in the Mexican Caribbean, announced it plans to welcome its 50 millionth visitor in 2019. The brand’s nine parks and tours blend adventure, culture and nature-driven experiences and offers over more than 100 diverse attractions that promise an unparalleled vacation, each one carefully designed to highlight the very best of Mexico.
“We are proud to be considered the first and most important ecologically and socially sustainable tourism company in Mexico,” said Miguel Quintana Pali, CEO of Grupo Xcaret. “Our commitment to our country and our community throughout our 25 years of operation has proven that a different kind of experience is possible in the Cancun area, one that connects travelers to the spectacular and unique nature of our surroundings, and that will ultimately result in a better understanding of our heritage and culture,” he added.
Cancun has long been regarded as one of the top tourist destinations in the world. Not only is the city vastly popular, but it’s airport serves some of Mexico’s top tourist spots, including Tulum, Playa del Carmen and Cozumel. And while the Riviera Maya region is famous for its white sandy beaches and vibrant nightlife, Grupo Xcaret has been in business for over two decades, showcasing that there’s more to Cancun than what meets the eye.
Whether travelers are seeking for thrilling adventures, culture-driven experience or a trip down Mexican history, Grupo Xcaret’s attractions and activities are suitable for all tastes and ages.
● Xcaret: The group’s original and emblematic park, Xcaret contains over 40 attractions surrounded by the lush jungle, coves and underground rivers. It features a conservation program for marine and terrestrial species, an aquarium, four archaeological sites, a twentieth century Mexican Hacienda, and more.
● Xel-ha: Grupo Xcaret’s eco-adventure water park offers aquatic activities, including but not limited to, water slides, snorkeling, rope swings and a visit to the remains of an ancient Mayan port city.
● Xplor and Xplor Fuego: Day and nighttime sister adventure parks that provide six distinct types of activities: ziplines, amphibian vehicles, rafts, stalactite river swimming, hammock splashing and spelunking. At sunset, Xplor becomes Xplor Fuego, with torches and bonfires illuminating all of the park’s attractions.
● Xenses: A halfday recreational park that awakens visitors’ senses and challenges their perceptions through sensorial journeys in water, air and land. From optical illusions to mud rivers, Xenses offers innovative experiences that rediscover the power of visitors’ senses and minds.
● Xoximilco: Invites visitors to float down a 1.5-mile canal on board colorful trajineras, while experiencing Mexican culture through food, drinks, live music, dancing and games representative of several Mexican states.
● Xenotes: The Xenotes Tour takes visitors on a fun-filled journey to four different types of cenotes (swimmable sinkholes), providing adventure-seekers opportunities to go ziplining, cliff jumping, kayak rides and other activities that explore the diverse aquatic life of the Riviera Maya.
● Xichen: Features tours of the Mayan archeological sites located across Yucatan and Quitana Roo, including Chichén Itzá, Tulum and Cobá.
● Xavage: The group’s newest park set to open in Spring of 2019. From whitewater rafter to ropes courses and speed boating, Xavage is set to be the most extreme adventure park in the Riviera Maya.
To learn more, visit https://en.xcaretexperiencias.com/.