June 20-22, 2011 Travel Summit to be held in Pasadena
NEWPORT BEACH, Calif., /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ — A team of nationally renowned travel and business industry speakers will headline the California Travel Industry Association’s (CalTIA) 29th Annual ‘California Travel Summit‘, June 20-22, 2011 in Pasadena, California.
Themed “Think, Adapt, Thrive … Keeping it Relevant,” the summit is expected to attract over 600 travel, tourism and hospitality professionals and state legislative officials from California and neighboring states. Online registration is now live at www.caltia.org with special early bird fees for CalTIA Members and discount pricing for CalTIA Non-Members, and students and educators.
While attendees can look forward to newly expanded workshops and educational sessions, the summit’s major draw will be its dynamic mix of high profile keynote speakers, which to date include:
- AEG President & CEO Tim Leiweke, a world-leading presenter of sports and entertainment programming;
- U.S. Travel Association President/CEO Roger Dow, heading the national organization representing the $770 billion U.S. travel and tourism industry;
- California Travel & Tourism Commission President & CEO Carolyn Beteta, offering attendees current trends in “Brand Enrichment”;
- Tourism Economics Managing Director Adam Sacks, analytical consultant for the tourism sector;
- Robyn Benincasa, a nationally acclaimed motivational/inspirational speaker.
New features at the 2011 Summit will include ‘The CalTIA Legislative Awards’, honoring California lawmakers who have supported travel and tourism; expanded learning and education tracks; and new scheduled opportunities for heightened networking.
The California Travel Summit (formerly California Conference on Tourism) has gained industry-wide recognition as one of the State of California‘s most significant opportunities for travel and tourism professionals to share and improve individual knowledge, refine business relationships and add a voice to ongoing political discussions. Participants are offered a host of professional development sessions aimed at raising awareness of legislative issues and industry trends, developing marketing strategies and improving business practices.
CalTIA is the unified voice for the California travel industry’s political concerns. By advocating directly to the state legislature, the Governor’s office, local and federal officials, businesses, and the public, CalTIA addresses issues that affect the state’s tourism industry. CalTIA also aggressively seeks to ensure continued funding for the California Travel and Tourism Commission (CTTC).