Group to Serve on Gehry Technologies’ Board of Advisors
LOS ANGELES, Calif. USA (Marketwire) – Gehry Technologies (GT), a global leader in applying technology to building industry challenges, announced that Co-founder and Chairman, Frank Gehry, has brought together the world’s most distinguished architects and designers to form a strategic alliance furthering his vision to transform the building industry and the practice of design. As part of today’s announcement, this core group of renowned architects will also serve on Gehry Technologies’ board of advisors.
“The building industry has been slowly but steadily moving toward minimizing individual responsibility and away from producing architecture that solves clients’ and communities’ problems,” offered Frank Gehry. “I am dedicated to giving architects better control of the process so they can deliver the fruits of their imagination, which is what our clients expect. I have gathered a group of my friends together who believe in this mission as much as I do and who can help me find the solutions that will ultimately lead to better buildings throughout the world.”
The alliance intends to enable new approaches to design through technology, to create more effective industry processes and a higher quality built environment. By applying and innovating new technology solutions to old problems such as waste, delay, and miscommunication, this new alliance will lead the process change that the AEC industry needs to confront future challenges. The group represents a new type of professional organization for the 21st century, one which embraces the possibility of technology to empower design. The alliance will work together to drive technology innovations that support the central role of design in the creation of culture.
This group will work collectively with GT to realize and demonstrate better ways of achieving project outcomes: higher quality, more efficient, and cost effective projects. Most importantly, the alliance wants to ensure a context for professional work where the best designs and the best facilities can be realized. GT’s management team — led by CEO Dayne Myers — will be bolstered with the unprecedented experience and strategic guidance of the world’s leading architects, builders and visionaries. They will test, use and support emerging GT innovations and high-profile projects; participate in marketing and public relations initiatives; and catalyze AEC industry change.
“We are honored to add such legendary expertise and industry thought leadership to the GT advisory team,” said Dayne Myers. “Their combined experience, ideas and insights will be instrumental in shaping our offerings to the market. This kind of resource is truly invaluable toward shaping our growth and leadership moving forward.”
Initial Alliance and Board members include:
- David Childs, Chairman Emeritus of Skidmore, Owings & Merrill (SOM).
- Massimo Colomban, Founder of Permasteelisa.com Group.
- Zaha Hadid of Zaha Hadid Architects.
- Greg Lynn, known for designing the New York Presbyterian Church in Queens, New York, along with Douglas Garofalo and Michael McInturf, which used vector-based animation software in its design conception.
- Laurie Olin, renowned landscape architect.
- Wolf D. Prix, co-founder, Design Principal, and CEO of COOP HIMMELB(L)AU.
- David Rockwell, founder of Rockwell Group.
- Moshe Safdie, renowned international architect, urban planner, and author.
- Matthias Schuler, one of the managing directors of TRANSSOLAR Energietechnik in Stuttgart.
- Patrik Schumacher, designer at Zaha Hadid Architects since 1988.
- Ben van Berkel, co-founder of UNStudio (United Network) of architectural specialists, urban development and infrastructure specialists.
- Richard Saul Wurman, who created the TED conference in 1984 and whose latest project is the WWW.WWW Conference.
About Gehry Technologies
GT provides design and project management technology and consulting services to leading owners, developers, architects, engineers, general contractors, fabricators, and other building industry professionals worldwide. GT solutions increase creativity and control; reduce project risks, costs, and completion times; and improve processes and decisions through collaboration, project visibility, and information access. GT is privately held, with offices in Los Angeles, New York, Paris, Mexico City, Abu Dhabi, Hong Kong, Shanghai, and Beijing. For more information about Gehry Technologies, visit www.gehrytech.com.