Brand & Licensing Innovation Summit North America (B&LIS), a two-day conference bringing together more than 200 delegates to deliver content and networking opportunities, revealed the first wave of speakers confirmed for the in-person Summit set for Oct. 27-28 at Convene New York. Following the conference series’ inaugural launch in Europe this past June, B&LIS North America is reconnecting US-based industry leaders and decision-makers face-to-face to propel the industry forward and address critical topics on the future of licensing and retail.
Bay Laurel Advisors, Funko, Macy’s, Microsoft and Xbox are among the more than 40 companies represented at the conference confirmed to take the stage and impart highly sought-after insights on leveraging brands to transcend a category with licensing.
The executive-level conference comprises four themes — Market Trends, Retail Disruption, Digital Transformation and Product Sustainability — broken down into two days of keynotes, panel discussions, workshops, breakout sessions and networking opportunities designed to drill down into long-lasting and emergent themes that play an active role in driving consumer purchasing decisions.
“We are thrilled to launch B&LIS in the North American market in partnership with Licensing International, serving as the region’s meeting place for thought leaders to connect, collaborate and influence the future of brand licensing and consumer product innovation,” said Anna Knight, VP of Licensing. “The industry is in the midst of a transformative era as consumers emerge from lockdown and carry with them behaviors formed during the pandemic, such as a strengthened familiarity with digital retail experiences and emerging interests such as self-expression and sustainability. These themes carry immense opportunity for retailers and licensors alike, thus underpin the educational and forward-looking conference.”
Knight continued, “What’s more, B&LIS will serve as a reunion for the industry as the first in-person event for the North American licensing community in almost two years. Mark this event on your calendar as a must-attend to garner much-needed insight and to reconnect and network with the industry’s leading decision makers.”
Featuring expert-led sessions spanning a breadth of topics, B&LIS North America is strategically designed to be a one-stop-shop for in-depth education and trend analysis. Among the notable speaker lineup includes John Friend, Head of Halo and Xbox Consumer Products, Microsoft, who is confirmed to speak on a panel entitled “Level Up: How eSports & Gaming are Dominating Entertainment Licensing.”
“Gaming is the biggest entertainment market in the world today, both in number of consumers and revenue generated. The potential to extend your brand reach and influence this growing segment of consumers is here,” commented Friend. “I look forward to sharing examples and learnings from past licensing campaigns, including the recent Xbox Series X|S console launch and upcoming release of Halo Infinite, as well as helping attendees understand how to navigate this expansive and rich part of the entertainment sector.”
Featured sessions confirmed to date include:
Day 1 – October 27 | Trends, Retail & Sustainability
- A Live Look into Sector and Brand Landscape Trends
- Digital Disruption in Retail: The Balancing Act Between Bricks and Mortar versus eCommerce
- Retail and Brand Partnerships: Driving Online Traffic and Restoring Instore Footfall
- Sustainable Development Goals in Licensing
- Sustainability in Toy Games
- Diversity & Inclusion: Best Practices from the Experts
Day 2 – October 28 | Content & Digital Transformation
- The Power of the Past: Why Brand Management Companies are Snapping Up Heritage Brands
- Odd Couple: Macy’s x Funko
- Location-Based Event and Experiences: Are They Back to Help Bolster Retail Sales?
- Level Up: How eSports & Gaming are Dominating Entertainment Licensing
- It is Now a Data Game Rather Than Just About Selling Product
Speakers confirmed to date include:
- George Wade, Founder & President, Bay Laurel Advisors – Session: Location-Based Events and Experiences: Are They Back to Help Bolster Retail Sales?
- John Friend, Head of Halo and Xbox Consumer Products, Microsoft – Session: Level Up: How eSports & Gaming are Dominating Entertainment Licensing
- Dave Beré, Senior Marketing Director, Funko and Macy’s Executive to be Announced – Session: Odd Couple: Macy’s x Funko
B&LIS directly follows Licensing Expo Virtual, the industry’s leading event designed to connect the global licensing industry and facilitate networking, education, and deal-making virtually.