|GSCA leadership at the March 2010 Film Expo. Photo: James Hyder, LF Examiner.
“This is an important election at a critical time in the industry,” says GSCA executive director Tammy Seldon.
The GSCA (Giant Screen Cinema Association) Governance Committee is seeking nominations from among the association’s membership for the GSCA Board of Directors election to be held October 10 – November 9, 2011. Six of the ten current Directors whose terms are expiring are ineligible to run for re-election per GSCA term limits.
Ten seats will be filled in this election, and candidates will serve a two-year term. Following this election, the Board of Directors will vote upon two seats as appointees. The following are the elected Directors whose terms are now expiring (with * meaning their 6 year term limit is concluding and as such, are ineligible to run in this election):
- Michele Canto (Canadian Museum of Civilization): Institutional Theaters
- Laurent Dondey (La Géode): Institutional Theaters
- Rick Gordon (RPG Productions): Manufacturer/Supplier/Other *
- Mark Katz (National Geographic Entertainment): Distribution *
- Patricia Keighley (DKP 70MM, Inc) Manufacturer/Supplier/Other *
- Don Kempf (Giant Screen Films): Distribution
- Dr. Jeffrey Kirsch (Reuben H. Fleet Science Center): Institutional Theaters
- Greg MacGillivray (MacGillivray Freeman Films): Production *
- Toby Mensforth (Mensforth and Associates): Institutional Theaters *
- Gil Perez (Destination Cinema): Commercial Theaters
- Gordon Stalans (Tennessee Aquarium): Institutional Theaters *
Candidates who are elected to the Board will take office effective January 1, 2012. They will be expected to attend the association’s major 2012 meetings: the Film Expo in Poitiers, France in March (March 20-22) and the 2012 International Conference and Trade Show/Dome Day Sept 18-20/Sept 21 at the Esquire IMAX Theatre in Sacramento, Calif. and The Tech Museum in San Jose, respectively.