by Joe Kleiman, IPM Online News Editor
Orlando, Florida, USA — The Orange County Regional History Center, located in downtown Orlando, will host the Third Entertainment Designers Forum on Friday, February, 24. The Forum will be split into two panels. Scheduled to appear at the 6:30 p.m. session are:
- Scott Senson, Director of Creative Services, Busch Gardens Tampa
- Mike West, Executive Producer, Universal Creative
- David Hughes, Senor Designer, Universal Art & Design, Entertainment
- Lora Wallace, Show Direct, Universal Entertainment Production
- Ron Hines, Sr. Studio Director, Nickelodeon Recreation
- TJ Mannarino, Director, Universal Art & Design, Entertainment.
Appearing at the 9:00 p.m. session are:
- Mike Wallace, Designer, Universal Creative
- Curtis Hopkins, Designer, Universal Art & Design, Entertainment
- Guy Petty, Principal Art Director, Walt Disney Imagineering Creative Entertainment
- Vicki Bowlin, Art Manager, Universal Art & Design, Entertainment
- Kenny Babel, President, White Bird Entertainment
- Kim Gromoll, Designer, Universal Art & Design, Entertainment
Both sessions will be moderated by Mike Aiello of Universal Entertainment Production.
A Q&A session will follow each presentation and a silent auction will be held for original artwork, theme park memorabilia and Halloween Horror Nights collectibles.
Proceeds from the event will benefit the American Cancer Society in honor of Stephanie Girard, an award-winning designer for motion pictures and theme parks, who passed away in 2010. Ms. Girard’s credits include Universal Studios Dubailand, Universal Studios Shanghai, The Simpsons Ride, The Wizarding World of Harry Potter, Halloween Horror Nights, and Grinchmas.
For more information or to register, call (407) 836-7010.