|Ocean Park entry view rendering from PGAV
Saint Louis, Missouri, USA – PGAV Destinations, a global leader in the planning and design of unique destinations, is pleased to announce another year of project openings at world-class attractions:
- The Grand Aquarium in Ocean Park Hong Kong is this world-class park’s latest state-of-the-art attraction, scheduled to open January 27, 2011.
- Glacier Run at the Louisville Zoo is a $24 million project that includes sea lions, polar bears, Stellar’s sea eagles, and sea otters, scheduled to open in April 2011.
- Georgia Aquarium Dolphin Expansion in Atlanta is a $110 million project that won the top honor as “Best Overall Project of 2010” from Southeast Construction Magazine, scheduled to open spring 2011.
- Cheetah Hunt Busch Gardens Tampa Bay is an innovative new coaster ride that celebrates the spirit of the cheetah, scheduled to open spring 2011.
- The Grand Reef Discovery Cove Orlando is the first major expansion of this PGAV-designed park and features SeaVenture, an innovative underwater walking tour, scheduled to open summer 2011.
- The Exhibition Hall at the Saint Louis Science Center is a $9.5 million project that will add 13,000 square feet of changing exhibit space, scheduled to open summer 2011.
“We are delighted to have the opportunity to work with such extraordinary destinations,” states Mike Konzen, Principal PGAV Destinations. “We have many more exciting domestic and international projects on the boards, with a great number of openings coming in 2011, 2012, and beyond.”
About PGAV Destinations
PGAV Destinations is a global leader in the planning and design of unique destinations. The firm uniquely combines award-winning storytelling and creativity with business strategy to create some of the world’s most important cultural, natural, and entertainment destinations. PGAV’s staff develops growth-oriented master plans and translates these plans into innovative new destination products. Now in its fifth decade, the firm has authored hundreds of highly successful projects in places such as SeaWorld, the Grand Canyon, Biltmore Estate, Niagara Falls, Busch Gardens, the Georgia Aquarium, Kennedy Space Center, and the Hoover Dam.
Related stories from InPark News:
PGAV 2010 year in review; PGAV celebrates 50 projects in 10 years; PGAV provides new master plan for NASA Kennedy Space Center; Discovery Cove adds Grand Reef in 2011
Find more articles: InPark Magazine archive
Subscribe free: InPark digital edition