Orlando, FL, USA — IAAPA Attractions Expo (November 20, 2013) — Today at the IAAPA Attractions Expo, Executives from Polin signed an agreement to provide ten slides for the Delta Leisure Resorts development in Nigeria.
- The park has been in development since 2009, with land reclamation taking place since 2010.
- The park is privately funded, with the Nigerian government supplying land and infrastructure for the project.
- The waterpark is only one component of a large project that will include hotels, a wildlife park, nightlife, attractions and timeshare units.
- WhiteWater Attractions is providing dry play elements.
- JRA is developing the African Culture Museum.
- Neumann Aquatics is designing canals and waterways for the attractions.
- The park is anticipating 5,000,000 visitors per year. The population of Nigeria is 170 million.
- The project will reveal its ten global brand alignments for the park on December 20th, some of which will be the first entry for these brands into Africa.
- The development is on track for an April 2015 opening.