SeaWorld San Diego’s Summer Spectacular has transformed the park into a magical ocean wonderland with all new shows including the debut of a pirate stunt show on the water, a parade of colorful floats, energy and music, stunning light displays, nightly fireworks and a spectacular summer concert series presented by Coca Cola. The Summer Spectacular will run until August 20.
“SeaWorld is the place to be this summer, we’re infusing the park with new energy, new entertainment, new and returning popular food items, live music in the park and an amazing lineup of popular artists performing every Sunday,” said Jim Lake, SeaWorld Park President.
“With the new family-friendly Arctic Rescue ride, new Rescue Jr. area for kids, new animal presentations, our Summer Spectacular, plus our ongoing park offerings, there is truly something for guests of every age to enjoy and spend the entire day, or even entire summer, at SeaWorld.”
Live Shows & Entertainment
- Pirates Ahoy! The Battle for Mermaid Cove – Get ready for a swashbuckling adventure on the high seas with the all-new action-packed water stunt spectacular, ‘Pirates Ahoy! The Battle for Mermaid Cove’. Watch as daring pirates battle against mesmerizing mermaids in a thrilling display of water stunts on flyboards and jet skis, high falls and acrobatics. Guests can enjoy this show at the open-air, waterfront Bayside Amphitheater.
- Feathers, Scales & Rescue Tales – This new animal presentation is perfect for animal lovers of all ages! The presentation is an educational experience introducing audiences to some amazing rescued animals that have been given a second chance at life. Guests can enjoy this show at Nautilus Amphitheater.
- Mermaid Cove – Mermaid Cove is SeaWorld San Diego’s new magical mermaid meet and greet location situated next to the Waterfront. All summer long beautiful mermaids will be available for pictures and autographs in their own special bubble filled cove.
- Summer Splashtacular Parade – This all-new parade includes five new colorful parade floats and features catchy music, bubble and water effects, and more. The SeaWorld Summer Splashtacular Parade will have the entire family dancing, singing, and looking forward to weekends at SeaWorld and during the evening hours, the floats will be lit up and bright for nighttime performances.
- FantaSEA of Dreams Fireworks Spectacular – This all-new fireworks show takes place in the skies high above SeaWorld San Diego. As the sun sets and the night sky comes alive, guests will be treated to a dazzling display of color, original music and lyrics created just for SeaWorld.
2023 SeaWorld Summer Concert Series presented by Coca-Cola
The 2023 Summer Concert Series Sponsored by Coca-Cola features something for everyone with a range of pop, R&B and rap artists all summer long! Throughout the summer, the park will welcome a lineup of iconic, Grammy-nominated, and chart-topping performers including:
- June 25 – Vanilla Ice, the iconic performer behind the number one single “Ice Ice Baby.” His worldwide album sales are over 25 million and individual songs total over 160 million and are still selling.
- July 2 – Jordin Sparks, the Grammy-nominated, multi-platinum, singer/songwriter and actress known for winning season six of American Idol.
- July 9 – Bow Wow and Soulja Boy, chart-topping rappers with a catalog of iconic hit singles between them. Soulja Boy, a Grammy-nominated rapper, dancer, and producer and Bow Wow is a rapper, actor, and TV host.
- July 16 – Todrick Hall, a singer, songwriter, choreographer, and all-around entertainer known for appearances on “Ru-Paul’s Drag Race,” Broadway smash hits including “Kinky Boots,” “Chicago” and “Waitress,” and his original music.
- July 23 – Tiffany and Jennifer Paige, multi-platinum recording artists with storied careers. Tiffany, a legendary pop star, earned two U.S. number one hit singles while Jennifer has released numerous albums and licensed hundreds of songs to film and television.
- July 30 – Mario, a singer, songwriter, producer, and actor, reached number one on the charts with his hit single “Let Me Love You.”
- August 6 – Ashanti, over the span of her 20-year career, Grammy award winning multi-platinum singer and songwriter has released 18 Hot 100 tracks.
All concerts are included with park admission and those looking to secure a great seat can opt to purchase reserved seating in advance.
SeaWorld San Diego guests can play like a Rescue Team member, ride to the rescue on an arctic mission and also meet and learn about many rescued animals.
- The All-NEW family-friendly coaster Arctic Rescue, the fastest and longest straddle coaster on the West Coast with three exhilarating launches is now open. Guests are invited to hop on a snowmobile and launch at up to 40 mph on a chilly adventure as they race through the unpredictable arctic climate to help animals in danger.
- Play like a Rescue Team Member at the ALL-NEW kid-friendly play area, Rescue Jr. Children will become the heroes of the park and learn about animal rescue and rehabilitation through hands-on, active, and engaging experiences. Kids can enjoy exciting play elements, a splash pad, water features, climbing structures and amazing rides. Kids will also be able to meet Rescue team members and rescued animals to learn more about conservation and helping animals in need.
Exciting menu of new and fan-favorite food & drinks
It’s not summer at SeaWorld San Diego without a delicious lineup of food and drink options! This year, fan-favorite menu items from Craft Beer Festival, Howl-O-Scream, Mardi Gras, Seven Seas Food Festival and other events that were selected by guests on Instagram will be returning to the Summer Spectacular menu alongside some delicious new food and drink options!
- SkyTower Lawn – Guests can enjoy summery flavors including Spam Fried Rice, Hawaiian Mac Salad, Mexican Shrimp Cocktail, Pepperoni Pizza Lumpia, and Strawberry Fruit Bars. Guests can wash down these delicious dishes with Chamangorita and Bay Magic cocktails.
- Wild Arctic Plaza – Guests will find a variety of options at Wild Arctic Plaza including Gyro Sliders, Roasted Garlic Mac & Cheese, Shrimp Kimono, Pork Gyoza, Roast Beef Poutine, Hush Puppies, and Mango Mochi.
- Underwater Cantina – Near Underwater Cantina, guests can sample Soyrizo Empanadas, Jackfruit Tacos, Cochinita Pibil Tacos, Esquites, and Churro Cheesecake.