Message received from the Themed Entertainment Association concerning Day 2 of the annual TEA Summit in Los Angeles, Friday 11 March 2011 – a showcase of Thea Award recipients
“On Friday, March 11, Day 2 of the TEA Summit in Los Angeles gives you the opportunity to meet the teams behind many of the amazing projects that will be honored the next evening at the Thea Awards Gala (March 12).
“Sit in as they explain how their projects came together, the challenges they faced, and the techniques and technologies they applied to create outstanding guest experiences. Get an in-depth look at a wide range of outstanding projects, from museums and cultural exhibits to science centers and theme parks. Whatever your interest in experience design, you’ll want to take advantage this special event, hosted by the Themed Entertainment Association (TEA), a global alliance of the creators of compelling places and experiences.”
ADDED BONUS! The first 125 registrants get a day pass to Universal Studios Hollywood, compliments of Universal.
THE EVENT WILL FEATURE CASE STUDIES OF:
- WORLD OF COLOR, Disney California Adventure
- FLYNN LIVES, as featured at ComicCon 2010
- BEYOND ALL BOUNDARIES, National World War II Museum, New Orleans
AS WELL AS…
- The Walt Disney Family Museum, San Francisco California (with a special appearance by the founder of The Walt Disney Family Museum, Diane Disney Miller)
- Along the River During the Qingming Festival, China Pavillion, Shanghai Expo
- ICT Mobile Device, Information & Communications Pavillion, Shanghai Expo
- The National Infantry Museum, Columbus Georgia
- Science Storms, Chicago Museum of Science & Industry
- Glasnevin Museum, Dublin
Open to students and faculty! TEA is offering a great combination deal for college students and faculty: registration for the March 11 Summit event AND a one year TEA Academic Membership ($135 total value) for $85 (price effective until February 26). To take advantage of this offer, students must provide TEA with a resume or CV, which will be distributed to major industry employers within the TEA. This is a great way to enjoy the event AND become part of a worldwide networking alliance dedicated to creating compelling places and experiences.
TEA Summit – Thea Awards Case Studies
Friday March 11, 8 AM to 5 PM, Lunch Included
(Event opens at 8 AM for networking, presentations begin at 9 AM)
Hilton Universal City
Purchase tickets today at the TEA online box office”
Find articles about museums and exhibits from IPM Magazine
Subscribe FREE: IPM Digital Edition