Atlanta, GA, USA (March 16, 2015) — Chaos, mischief and havoc will unfold at Six Flags Over Georgia, as the park announces BATMAN: The Ride BACKWARDS. This limited-time only, all-new ride experience debuted this weekend.
“We are excited to offer our guests an incredible and gravity-defying ride on one of the park’s most popular attractions,” said Six Flags Atlanta Properties park president Dale Kaetzel. “This twist is the first of several new experiences coming this season to Gotham City.”
BATMAN: The Ride, inspired by DC Comic’s iconic Super Hero, opened at Six Flags Over Georgia in 1997 and has given more than 16 million thrilling rides. Now, guests will face an entirely new adrenaline rush featuring:
- –A blood-pumping reverse view as the coaster towers up the 10-story lift hill BACKWARDS;
- –Hair-raising speeds of 50 miles per hour BACKWARDS;
- –A staggering 2,700 feet of track BACKWARDS;
- –Daunting maneuvers through a daunting zero-gravity roll, corkscrew turns and vertical loops BACKWARDS.
Later this spring, Six Flags Over Georgia will unveil two new devious attractions in Gotham City, featuring the DC Comics Super-Villains The Joker and Harley Quinn:
- —THE JOKER Chaos Coaster – Face off with 23 other riders, rocketing seven stories in the air, soaring through a bedlam of loops, suspended upside-down for a ravaging thrill;
- —Harley Quinn Spinsanity – Experience the thrill of spinning, twisting and rolling through a cycle of classic family fun.