SeaWorld describes Deep Blue Creative as a new team designed to harness and drive innovation and creativity within the company, and bring together talent from both inside and outside the organization.
Deep Blue Creative includes six dedicated teams:
• Theme Park Development, U.S.A. encompasses two teams – Project Management and Guest Experiences – closely collaborating to inspire guests through innovative attractions, culinary experiences and retail environments. Headed by Brian Morrow, Vice President Theme Park Experience Design, and Mike Denninger, Vice President, Theme Park Development
• Theme Park Development, Global leads the development of all theme park growth initiatives beyond the company’s existing parks, including international expansion, exploration of new business models, feasibility and site evaluation. Headed by John Linn, PE, Vice President, Theme Park Development, Global
• Resort Development is responsible for the business and creative development of resorts and hotels, unique hospitality experiences and land planning. Headed by Steve Iandolo, Vice President, Resort Development
• Events and Entertainment supports all park entertainment teams in staging live experiences for theatrical settings, as well as culinary and retail environments. This team explores and develops new event concepts to encourage repeat visitation. Headed by Nancy Hutson, Vice President of Events and Entertainment, SeaWorld Parks and Entertainment
• Media Enterprises leads the company’s film, television, and music business, maximizing distribution opportunities for SeaWorld brands. This team will collaborate with content creators and develop production partnerships.
• Expedition X seeks to identify trends, innovative technology and unique partners who can boost SeaWorld’s creative firepower. Prototype development will help envision new tools to enhance the guest experience. Headed by Crystal O’Hea, Senior Director, Expedition X Innovation + Business Development