Orlando, FL, USA (November 3, 2016) – SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment (SEA) today announced the formation of Deep Blue Creative, a new team designed to harness and drive innovation and creativity within the company. Bringing together talent from both inside and outside the organization, the six divisions of Deep Blue Creative will enhance every aspect of SEA’s business and bring to life innovative new experiences that are fun and meaningful.
“The creation of our Deep Blue Creative team represents an evolution and a fresh, inventive approach to executing our mission of inspiring guests with experiences that matter, “said Anthony Esparza, Chief Creative Officer for SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment. “Our global brands have a distinct zoological and conservation focus that isn’t replicated in the industry, and we aim to build on that unique advantage with immersive and interactive experiences for our guests.”
The Deep Blue Creative studio will include dedicated teams to identify and focus on the key priorities that drive the business:
- Theme Park Development, U.S.A. encompasses two teams—Project Management and Guest Experiences—closely collaborating to inspire guests through innovative attractions, culinary experiences and retail environments.
- Theme Park Development, Global leads the development of all theme park growth initiatives beyond the company’s existing parks, including international expansion, exploration of new business models, feasibility and site evaluation.
- Resort Development is responsible for the business and creative development of resorts and hotels, unique hospitality experiences and land planning.
- Events and Entertainment supports all park entertainment teams in staging live experiences for theatrical settings, as well as culinary and retail environments. This team will explore and develop new event concepts that inspire family traditions and encourage repeat visits from annual pass members and local residents.
- Media Enterprises leads the company’s film, television, and music business, maximizing distribution opportunities for our brands. This team will collaborate with content creators and develop production partnerships.
- Expedition X is a team focused on prototype development for innovative project concepts and new technology. This group will harness creative energy from within and outside the company and look for emerging trends and inventive ways to bring guests experiences that explore both real and amazing worlds on land and sea.
To learn more about SeaWorld’s new Deep Blue Creative visit: seaworldentertainment.com