The Japan Association for the 2025 World Exposition announced the corporate sponsors of the Expo’s core eight thematic projects. The sponsors will use their creative-driven minds to realize the thematic projects, which were created with “life” as the starting point. The Association is currently in discussions with several companies and will continue to solicit sponsors until Expo 2025 opens. New sponsors will be announced on the Expo’s official website.
The Association started accepting applications for sponsorship of the thematic projects on August 19, 2021, the day of the “Exhibition Participation Briefing.” Following discussions with the producers of the thematic projects, the Association will announce the 15 companies that have been chosen as sponsors thus far.
As partners with the eight thematic project producers, the sponsoring companies will jointly create the concept of a “Signature Pavilion” where people can experience a “Future Society for Our Lives” and send out messages for the future society.
Details such as the Signature Pavilion will be announced later this spring.
List of Sponsoring Companies:
- Daicel Corporation
- Daiwa House Industry Co., Ltd.
- DENSO CORPORATION
- DMG MORI CO., LTD.
- FOOD & LIFE COMPANIES LTD.
- Fujikin Incorporated
- Hankyu Hanshin Holdings, Inc.
- HASEKO Corporation
- Japan Federation of Kaigo Business Providers Consortium Expo2025
- KOKUYO Co., Ltd.
- Nichirei Foods Inc.
- OBAYASHI CORPORATION
- SECOM CO., LTD.
- Shionogi & Co., Ltd.
- Sysmex Corporation
What is the Signature Pavilion?
It is named “Signature Pavilion” because the thematic projects are symbolic and representative projects of Expo 2025, and because the pavilions, which are created by eight experts, are also a “signature piece” in which the themes are deeply discussed from the producers’ respective philosophies. Eight project producers will interpret and develop Expo 2025’s theme, “Designing Future Society for Our Lives,” from their own unique perspectives and build pavilions that will connect people living in the future.
Thematic Projects & Thematic Project Producers (8 people)
- Quest of Life: Fukuoka Shin-Ichi (Biologist, Professor, Aoyama Gakuin University)
- Totality of Life: Kawamori Shoji (Animation director and mechanic designer)
- Embracing Lives: Kawase Naomi (Filmmaker)
- Cycle of Lives: Koyama Kundo (Broadcast writer and scriptwriter)
- Amplification of Lives: Ishiguro Hiroshi (Professor, Osaka University Visiting Director, ATR Hiroshi Ishiguro Laboratories)
- Invigorating Lives: Nakajima Sachiko (Musician, mathematician and STEAM educator)
- Forging Lives: Ochiai Yoichi (Media artist)
- Resonance of Lives: Miyata Hiroaki (Professor, Keio University)