Saudi Arabia hospitality company, Al Hokair Group for Tourism and Development, has entered a licensed agreement with Hasbro. The agreement will bring Playocity, an entertainment center, to the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia (KSA) and capitalize on Hasbro’s beloved brands and experiences.
The first two Playocity sites will open soon, encompassing 6,000 square feet across both sites, and Al Hokair Group plans to launch additional sites across the KSA in the near future.
Playocity will give people the opportunity to immerse themselves in the worlds of Hasbro brands including Power Rangers, Transformers, My Little Pony, Potato Head, Monopoly, Nerf and Connect4, among others. As part of its Blueprint 2.0 strategy, Hasbro is looking to bring its brands to life in new omnichannel ways to thrill fans.
Mohamed Attia, Al Hokair Group’s General Manager of Entertainment, commented: “The collaboration between Al Hokair Group and Hasbro is part of the Group’s strategy to develop new and unique entertainment concepts and experiences in the region and feeds into Saudi Arabia’s bigger tourism plans. The launch of Playocity will not only drive tourism within and to the Kingdom but will give children and families an incredible experience to live in the worlds of their favourite Hasbro characters that they cannot find anywhere else.”
Matt Proulx, Vice President of Location Based Entertainment at Hasbro, said: “Hasbro is known for delivering compelling branded entertainment experiences to fans and families around the world, and we’re excited to work with the Al Hokair Group to bring just that with Playocity. The new attraction will allow visitors to immerse themselves in fun and interactive activities based on fan-favorite Hasbro brands and characters. Anyone who visits Playocity will surely have a one-of-a-kind experience and leave with memories that will last a lifetime.”
Playocity is an indoor experience where guests can explore the wonders and excitement of beloved Hasbro characters throughout seven main zones and enjoy experiences that include mechanical rides, roller coasters, a drop zone, carousels, soft play and laser tag.
The seven zones in Playocity have been inspired and built around some of Hasbro’s powerhouse brands and characters including the following:
- The Hungry Hungry Hippo feeding frenzy
- Tonka at Tonka Town, an experiential building site where children are invited to help Big Bob rebuild the city hall with diggers, cranes, dump trucks and bulldozers
- The Connect4 zone featuring the Connect4 Disc-O-Drop ride
- The Power Rangers zone with two rides that will immerse guests into the Power Rangers world, allowing them to experience Zord-sized thrills on the Megazord Battle Spinner and Jet Racers attractions.
- The My Little Pony Magical Equestria zone, which invites children to meet My Little Pony characters and spin with the Pegasus Ponies on the Cloud Carousel
- The Transformers zone featuring an adrenaline-fuelled Transformers Laser Combat
- The Playocity Arcade, a world of games and prizes.