[quote]When guests step through our gates onto International Street this year, they’ll feel a fresh and exciting energy in the air. Just right for reviving old memories and making new ones.” — Pat Jones, Kings Dominion’s Vice President and General Manager[/quote]
Doswell, VA, USA /PRNewswire/ — Kings Dominion turned back the clock as the park began its 40thCelebration on Saturday, April 5. This season long celebration includes a multitude of surprises, the return of classic park icons and a chance to create new traditions with friends and family.
“I’m very enthusiastic to be opening for our thrilling 40th Celebration season. I grew up not only visiting Kings Dominion, but also started my career here as a seasonal associate,” said Pat Jones, Kings Dominion’s Vice President and General Manager.
This season guests will be amazed at all the new things to see, do, taste and share:
- The Singing Mushrooms are back by popular demand. A family favorite and park icon, these four colorful chums and their infamous frog sing their favorite barbershop tunes.
- The larger-than-life Floral Clock has been completely rebuilt and returns to its original location at the end of Center Street near the historic park carousel.
- Candy Apple Grove, one of the park’s original classic midways, returns with a bushel of new surprises.
- The infamous strolling Clown Band is back. This crazy crew will roam throughout the park interacting with guests.
- International Street is even more energized with new lighting and fanciful enhancements to its iconic fountain and all of the buildings have been refreshed with a new coat of paint.
Also, this season Kings Dominion has a plethora of expanded food offerings and new restaurant concepts that will offer more options for guests to enjoy.
To kick off its 40th Celebration, Kings Dominion will also debut its inaugural Spring Bloom Festival, operating days April 5 through May 18. This event transforms International Street into a kaleidoscope of vibrant colors with thousands of blooms. Guests are able to taste unique spring foods and beverages, enjoy toe-tapping entertainment and participate in hands-on activities on Saturdays.
For the latest information on this anniversary season, visit the park’s 40th Celebration website at kingsdominion.com/celebration. Guests may also share their fond memories of the park in a new photo mosaic at kingsdominionmemories.com.