Van Gogh: The Immersive Experience is a 20,000 square foot light and sound spectacular featuring two-story projections of the artist’s most compelling works. Visitors encounter the brilliance of one of history’s greatest artists in 360 degrees.
The General Manager “makes everything Gogh at Van Gogh: The Immersive Experience.” You ensure a high level of service to all guests, a collegial and collaborative atmosphere among staff, and clear lines of communication with all vendors and service teams. You excel at juggling the schedules of a diverse staff while ensuring health and safety guidelines are followed, all while maintaining the world’s foremost digital immersive art experience at a world-class standard.
Duties and Responsibilities
- To ensure the smooth, safe running of all activity at the venue.
- To ensure all front and rear of house areas are presented to a high standard, are secure and health and safety compliant at all times.
- To ensure that all building systems are maintained and fully operational at all times, with a particular focus on all life safety systems and the burglar alarm.
- To maintain and revise, as appropriate, a safe and efficient evacuation procedure for the building, updating staff evacuation training regularly and to a high standard.
- To work with the Assistant Managers to ensure that all Duty Managers are trained in the unlocking and securing of the building, evacuation procedures and all other necessary health and safety practices.
- To ensure that all part time staff are fully trained in a detailed manner, specifically in relation to evacuation procedures and health and safety practices.
- To effectively line manage the Assistants, delegating operational and administrative duties as necessary.
- To be involved in the recruitment of all operational staff.
- To manage Box Office, Shop, VR, Front of House, Cleaning, Security and other operational staff.
- To ensure that all visitors to the venue have the best possible experience, training all front-facing staff in exceptional customer service skills.
- To act as a duty manager for the building.
- To promote and maintain the highest standard of customer service.
- To publicly represent Exhibition Hub and the venue in a prepared and professional manner.
- To work unsocial hours as required.
- To maintain confidentiality.
- To undertake any other duties which may be reasonably requested to ensure the smooth running of the venue.
It is inevitable that over time the emphasis of this job may well change without altering the general character of the role or the level of duties and responsibilities entailed. This information will be periodically reviewed, revised and updated in consultation with the post- holder to reflect appropriate changes.
To apply, please send CV and cover letter to: [email protected]
Additional positions are available in Boston, D.C., Philadelphia, Dallas Houston, and Seattle for those with five or more years staff management or retail management experience. Contact [email protected] or [email protected] for more information.