The Japan Association for the 2025 World Exposition is compiling a list of various agencies to provide services in relation to the pavilions of Official Participants (foreign governments and international organizations that have accepted the official invitation to participate in the Expo) and calls for applications from agencies wishing to be included in the list. The provision of this list to Official Participants, for their reference, is required pursuant to Article 10 of the Special Regulation No. 2 for the Expo 2025 Osaka, Kansai, Japan. Details on the types of services called for are described below. Note that agencies should refrain from applying if they already applied last year to avoid a redundant registration. Also, those suppliers that have an operation base in Japan must apply from here.
There are 150 countries and 25 international organizations expected to participate in the Expo, of which 50 participating countries are going to construct their pavilions themselves.
Applicants have until Monday, November 28, 2022.
Conditions for applicants
The types of services called for in relation to Official Participants’ Pavilions are as follows:
- Architecture and engineering
- Landscaping and gardening
- Exhibit decoration
- Guides/interpreters and other personnel dispatch service
- Publicity (web/pamphlet design and other services)
- Furniture and household appliances rental services
- Vehicle-related services (car rental, vehicles with drivers, chartered buses)
- Security services (the agency must be able to provide safeguarding services both of Manned Guarding and Machine Guarding in Official Participants’ Exhibition Spaces. As for the machine guarding, the agency must be able to dispatch its security officers to the Expo Site on the immediate response basis.)
- Food safety inspection (examination institution to provide services where food is involved within Official Participants’ Exhibition Spaces)
- Building maintenance services (maintenance service agency capable of providing comprehensive services, including the cleaning and maintenance of equipment and apparatus, pest control, and other services required for maintaining good levels of hygiene)
Applicants must have necessary qualifications for operating their businesses and providing their services. Applicants must have track records of providing services at international exhibitions, sporting events, and other occasions in Japan or elsewhere (except to food safety inspection and building maintenance services).
How to apply
Apply by an email ([email protected]) entitled “Application for the registration of suppliers for Official Participants” with the following:
- Application form (Listing form in Excel sheet with required details)
Application addressed to: Secretariat for the call for suppliers to be referred by Official Participants, Japan Association for the 2025 World Exposition
Please ensure that the information, such as contact details, are correct, as the information in your application form will be published as given on the “Official Participant Portal Site,” which is directly accessed by official participants.
For further details and notes, interested parties can find all necessary information at the association’s listing.
Any inquiries should be forwarded to Secretariat for the call for suppliers to be referred by Official Participants, Japan Association for the 2025 World Exposition at [email protected]