Illuminarium Experiences and Secret Location have partnered to present an all-new immersive experience – WAKING WONDERLAND. Opening at Illuminarium Atlanta on Saturday, June 18, 2022 this experience is inspired by Lewis Carroll’s fantasy novel, “Through the Looking Glass.”
WAKING WONDERLAND is an animated narrative composed of multiple immersive environments, each of which integrates a range of interactive technologies, allowing guests to join Alice’s granddaughter, Anna, as she ventures beyond the looking glass to encounter a range of surreal settings and colorful characters. The experience uses interactive props, motion tracking and spatial audio soundscapes to transport audiences into a magical forest where they can interact with the space, meet favorite Wonderland creatures like the Cheshire Cat, help the Mad Hatter in his chaotic tea factory, and come face-to-face with the Queen of Hearts in her throne room, creating a stimulating multisensory experience taking full advantage of Illuminarium’s technological platform and environment.
- Lewis Carroll’s Wonderland fantasy world is brought to life
- A highly immersive experience with projection mapping to the multi-room space
- The animated narrative features favorite Wonderland characters the Cheshire Cat, the Mad Hatter and the Queen of Hearts
- Surreal environments and interactive visual effects
- Audiences are active participants as extensions of our hero character Anna, using their bodies and movement to interact with the space
- A dynamic spatial audio sound design featuring soundscapes and a musical score composed by artist Lights
- The footprint can be scaled up or down to fit the needs of different operators
WAKING WONDERLAND is the latest immersive narrative from Secret Location, taking the world of virtual reality outside of the headset and projecting it into a physical space. The attraction has been developed with a scalable footprint to fit the needs of each operator. The project, which also received production funding from the Canada Media Fund and Ontario Creates, has been awarded an Epic MegaGrant by Epic Games for the studio’s novel use of its game design software Unreal Engine.
“We’ve been dreaming of a way to transport audiences young and old into the fantastically impossible world of Wonderland,” says Ryan Andal, President and Co-Founder of Secret Location. “When we started on this journey, the technology for what we wanted to create didn’t really exist. The idea of making audiences feel like they’ve stepped into a storybook was both beautiful and daunting. But now, with our amazing partners at Illuminarium, we can finally do just that.”